Lovely sound, but unfortunately has a cable design error
Written by Rasmus U from Odense C
I've used the UE 400vi with great enjoyment, both for general use and while exercising. The sound quality is really good compared to all of the other in-ears I've heard through the years, they fitted very well into my ears and the tangle-free cable was really nice.
Unfortunately I have twice sent my UE 400vi back to the retailer due to a cable design error, because it after long time use gets ripped up in the connection to the mini-jack. Last time I decided to get my money back, and therefore tried out the Nocs NS400, which cannot live up to the UE 400vi in regards to both the sound quality and fitting into my ears. I'm very disappointed of the Nocs NS400.
The UE 400vi is indeed great earphones, and had it not been for the cable design error, I would buy another pair. 5 stars for sound quality and fitting, but 3 stars in general due to that single annoying flaw. For your info Logitech did offer great service.
I purchased these headphones based on the excellent reviews on the Apple Website. Having used the headphones for 5 days I felt compelled to place a more accurate review on the website.
- Flat cable that doesn't tangle as easily, look good, light weight - BUT THAT IS ALL
- Ear pieces squeak in the ear on movement, so if you are on a call, listening to music etc and actually moving they are horrendous.
- Purchased these ahead of the Bose based on the reviews - people please be honest when reviewing, the quality is not in the same league as the Bose, in fact it is very very average
- Unless you are a giraffe the mic is positioned a long way down the cord and you will struggle to have a conversation without picking up the mic
- Build quality - positively iffy - the volume control, mic housing I suspect won't last more than a few months
- Overall very disappointed and wish the site had had more accurate reviews giving an honest assessment of the product