Questions & Answers for Elgato EyeTV Hybrid
139 Questions from the Community
please i need the exact part number to order one for my new macbook pro laptop?
receives analogue TV means it receives Coaxial cable?
- Asked by Mohamad T from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (please i need the exact part number to order one for my new macbook pro laptop?)
Will the Elgato EyeTV work with AT&T Uverse?
- Asked by Pat W from Ballwin
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Elgato EyeTV work with AT&T Uverse?)
Yes, the EyeTV hardware will work with AT&T Uvese. You will be able to watch and record your programs on your Mac and import to your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
The EyeTV app, does have some limitations with Uverse. While connected to YOUR wi-fi network, you can watch live TV via your iPhone, touch or iPad; however, Uverse ports will not support UPnP (UPnP - Universal Plug in Play) and therefore the 'watch on the go' options is not available.
Also, the Uverse STB must be on, in order to stream via portable devices. EyeTV cannot turn the Uverse STB on or off.
- Answered by Corey B from Saint Louis
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Elgato EyeTV work with AT&T Uverse?)
Is this device single or dual tuner?
How many tuners does this device have? Like, how many broadcast signals can I receive at a time?
- Asked by Andrew T from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this device single or dual tuner?)
The Elgato EyeTV DTT stick can only receive one channel at the time. To receive two channels at the same time, or reinforce the signal of one channel, one needs the Elgato EyeTV Diversity stick.
- Answered by Rita H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this device single or dual tuner?)
is eyetv avilable in india or will it work in india?
- Asked by Sandeep J
- Flag as inappropriate (is eyetv avilable in india or will it work in india?)
You can click a button to export a recorded program to iTunes or if you're scheduling a recording, mark it for automatic export when the program has finished recording. The EyeTV software will do the conversion to .mp4 and then load it into iTunes automatically. When that's done, you should be able to play the file directly from your iTunes library on your AppleTV. I did this last night and it worked really well. The conversion process wasn't fast, Elgato sell a separate dongle to speed it up.
Some metadata from the DVB guide was included in the exported program so that it was recognisable within iTunes.
- Answered by Ben G from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will a program recorded or being viewed using Eyetv on my iMac stream to my Apple TV located in a separate room?)
Does EyeTV work in Ireland
- Asked by Aidan B
- Flag as inappropriate (Does EyeTV work in Ireland)
I have tried the Elgato Eye TV Diversity running the supplied software (Version 3.2.1) and have been able to clearly pick up and decode all the Saorview Channels. I have access to the EPG but that may be through the "TVTV" subscription service that you get with the EYE TV.
All the digital radio channels are present too.
Even though the Elgato range is not listed on the Saorview website "Approved" product listings it does seem to be 100% compatible at the moment.
I have a good clear picture inside my house in Dublin even though I don't have good line of sight to the RTE Three Rock transmitter so it seems like it works well with the supplied antennas.
- Answered by Michael C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does EyeTV work in Ireland)
can you plug a regular aerial lead into the imac ?
i have sky multi-room which connects to five tvs. can i replace an old tv with the imac so it doubles as a computer and tv monitor ?
- Asked by Tiffany C
- Flag as inappropriate (can you plug a regular aerial lead into the imac ?)
If by regular aerial lead you mean a coaxial cable then you can plug that into the eyetv hybrid which then plugs into a USB socket on your mac. I use this system to use my iMac to watch Freeview digital channels, I don't have a regular tv.
However you talk about sky so I think you need a different elgato model for satellite tv
- Answered by Daithi O
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you plug a regular aerial lead into the imac ?)
I'm thinking about bringing it to Taiwan, will it be working there?
- Asked by Wei Hsien L from Allston
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm thinking about bringing it to Taiwan, will it be working there?)
I do not have internet or a phone connection .... can I still use this product as I see both are stated if connecting to a sat box.
No answers yet
You need to be sure to buy the Australian version of the EyeTV Hybrid (available at the Apple Store, of course). The US version will not work there.
Just to be clear, can I use the EyeTV without attaching a coaxial cable? I don't have cable at home and just want to watch the basic channels.
No answers yet
would I be able to record FTA satellite channels
- Asked by Marjorie B from Camlachie
- Flag as inappropriate (would I be able to record FTA satellite channels)
Can I use the New (Silver) Apple remote with Eye TV?
- Asked by Eddie C from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the New (Silver) Apple remote with Eye TV?)
I purchased eye-TV today and have used it successfully with the Silver Apple remote; no obvious problems to report!
- Answered by Stuart R from Prestwick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the New (Silver) Apple remote with Eye TV?)
Will this product work in Beijing China and will I only be able to get Chinese stations or are there western stations available as well? Thanks.
- Asked by Russell O from West Leederville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product work in Beijing China and will I only be able to get Chinese stations or are there western stations available as well? Thanks.)
It is basically an antenna and computer software and will only receive the same programmes as the television sets in the local area Elgato is used in.
The reception signal must be strong, or Elgato can also be plugged into a rooftop antenna.
It appears to be designed for all countries. In the set up one chooses the country and the software tunes for the local frequencies. But the latest software must be used.
Can it "Rewind, fast forward and pause live TV" that is not digital?
I am interested in the "Rewind, fast forward and pause live TV" functionality. Will this work with analog signals from a video feed as well?
- Asked by Federico S from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it "Rewind, fast forward and pause live TV" that is not digital?)
You cannot connect the EyeTV directly to the LED Display and watch TV. You need to connect it via a Mac.
- Answered by James H from Canberra
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I can directly connect the EyeTV Hybrid on my Apple LED Cinema Display?)
I've just got the Elgato EyeTV Diversity and it works well with Saorview transmissions in the Dublin area.
I get the domestic channels from RTE and TV3 (RTE 1 & 2, TG4 and TV3) plus the extra digital channels (3e, RTE ONE +1, jr and News Now). Also all the terrestrial and DAB RTE radio channels.
If I was close enough to the border I'm sure I'd be able to pick up the full range of freeview channels too.
It is not on the Saorview approved list of devices but it does seem to work fine for me.
- Answered by Michael C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will it work in Ireland and if it does what channels does it have)