Questions & Answers for Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
543 Questions from the Community
Can I use this adaptor with my universal dock and remote , which is connected to my TV via the digital connector with HDMI cable.
If not then what solution would you suggest to replace our exisitng set up? Our 4th generation iPod Touch has just given up and been replaced by the 5th generation and we store dvd's on the iPod (as our DVD player has given up and this is a cost effectice solution), but now the new model has a lightning adapter I am wondering how to connect it to the TV without making all our equipment redundant. Any advice would be appreciated.
No answers yet
Is the iPhone 6 compatible with the Pure i20 docking station using 30 pin to lightening adapter?
In the past, I have connected my iPhone 5s to the Pure i20 docking station using the Lightening to 30 pin adapter and it works no problem. But my new iPhone 6 will only play sound through its internal speaker when plugged in to the Pure i20. What is the difference between the iPhone 5s and 6 that would cause this problem?
- Asked by Thomas F from Battleground
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the iPhone 6 compatible with the Pure i20 docking station using 30 pin to lightening adapter?)
No it is not - I have the same issue as you and asked Pure support about it. They confirmed it is not compatible, and said that Apple had changed something, which I find hard to believe.
I have tried my iPhone 6 with a few other docks by B&W, Sony and Philips and it works fine. That was using the built-in lightning connector on those docks, I haven't yet tried other docks with the adapter.
- Answered by Stephen N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the iPhone 6 compatible with the Pure i20 docking station using 30 pin to lightening adapter?)
I have been given a Bose sound dock with a lighting adaptor point but only have iPods with the older 30 pin socket, are there adaptors for this?
I need an adaptor to go from lightning to 30 pin, not 30 pin to lightning, is there such an adaptor?
Can anyone tell me if this will work with an Alpine IVA-D310R using the KCA-420i iPod adapter? I will have an iPhone 6, (currently 5).
Alpine car radio and iphone 5/6Answer
Yes! At first you might have problems with connecting it (it might have "no song message").
Step 1: Locate a reset button (it is really small and is usually behind the face plate, if you have a face plate that opens and closes where you put your cd in you can take it off and you will see a tiny button on the bottom left) and hold it for a couple of seconds and make sure your head unit will shut off.
Step 2: Connect the adapter to your chord and plug it in with your device and the head unit off (make sure you shut it off completely by holding lock button down)
Step 3: With your device connected turn both the head unit and the device on. After when your device turns on you might get an error, simply turn the head unit off and back on and you will be all set!
- Answered by Andrey B from Snellville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can anyone tell me if this will work with an Alpine IVA-D310R using the KCA-420i iPod adapter? I will have an iPhone 6, (currently 5).)
Would this work with my Onkyo dock? It has a 30 pin connector built into it.
There's a built in 30-pin connector on my Onkyo universal dock. I'd like to make sure this would be compatible if I plugged my iPhone 5 into it. I've tried "wires" before, although didn't work.
- Asked by Chad B from Coatesville
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this work with my Onkyo dock? It has a 30 pin connector built into it.)
Just connected my iPhone 6 Plus (128Gb) to the 1st generation 30-pin Onkyo model UP A1. Using the Apple connector it raised the iPhone up just high enough to clear the the sides of the docking base. Granted, care has to be taken as it sits without much support. However, it to works just fine. Don't know about duelling DAC's inside the Onkyo and Apple connector as somebody mentioned. ?? Only know that I can access my Sirius satellite account through the app and listen to satellite radio and also any of my iPhone music. It works and charges the phone too. As a footnote, this little Apple connector has worked on all my 30-pin peripherals. :))
- Answered by Rod K. D from Kamloops
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would this work with my Onkyo dock? It has a 30 pin connector built into it.)
will this connect the new 6th generation ipod touch ?
I have a set of speakers at home which I used to plug in my ipod nano 3rd gen, does this count as a 30-pin device? So, if I get this adapter, will i also be able to use the speakers with my new 6th generation ipod touch? The 6th gen ipod touch isn't listed in compatability...but the fitting looks similar..
- Asked by Sophie W
- Flag as inappropriate (will this connect the new 6th generation ipod touch ?)
Yes. I have the Ipod Touch 5th generation and I am ordering it as we speak.
- Answered by Kevin M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this needed to connect the ipod touch 5th generation to a docking station?)
Dimensions of the adapter? HxWxD?
- Asked by Joshua M from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Dimensions of the adapter? HxWxD?)
H 1" x W 1" x D 1/4" (25.4 mm x 25.4mm x 6.3mm).
Vertically, the body of the adapter is actually 3/4" tall, with the Lightning connector itself projecting above a further 1/4" (18.8mm + 6.35mm).
- Answered by David L from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Dimensions of the adapter? HxWxD?)
Will the audio feature work with this adapter for the Philips - Alarm Clock Radio with Apple® iPod® and iPhone® Dock Model: DC290B/37 SKU: 1997057 ?
Yes this will work
- Answered by Jeffrey M from Dothan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with my philips ds9/10 docking speaker)
Will this adapter work with Griffin Technology iTrip Auto FM Transmitter & Car Charger for iPod & iPhone?
I have the IPhone 5.
Will this work with the Griffin ITrip transistor made for the 3gS & 4 when tuning your radio to white noise?
- Asked by Joan S from Belvidere
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with Griffin Technology iTrip Auto FM Transmitter & Car Charger for iPod & iPhone?)
It worked on mine.
- Answered by Jessica M from Wappingers Falls
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this adapter work with Griffin Technology iTrip Auto FM Transmitter & Car Charger for iPod & iPhone?)
will the lightening 30 pin adapter work with my bose dock?
- Asked by Morag O from Chiswick
- Flag as inappropriate (will the lightening 30 pin adapter work with my bose dock?)
No, but there is an adapter you can buy that will fit the two together. Bose has just come out with the new docks for the new speedier connector.
- Answered by Susan G from Frisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will the lightening 30 pin adapter work with my bose dock?)
What are the exact dimensions of this adaptor?
- Asked by Tuhinul H
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the exact dimensions of this adaptor?)
Will this connect to my iHome i22 alarm clock system?
I have a 5th generation ipod nano that connected to my ih22 perfectly. But it stopped working. If I buy the 7th generation nano that has the lightning connector and keep my old ihome ih22 dock that has the 30-pin adapter, will I be able to charge the new nano and use it as my alarm clock on my old 30-pin dock?
- Asked by Annaliese S from Grand Prairie
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this connect to my iHome i22 alarm clock system?)
Compatibility with Toyota Aygo
I have a Toyota Aygo and was previously able to plug in my iPhone 4 and take calls hands free, play music (although annoyingly not podcasts!) and charge the phone too. I've now got an iPhone 6 and the connector is different... Is this a suitable adaptor? I know it's old news but it's very irritating having to pay £25 for this... I want to be certain it will work and some of the reviews seem to indicate it's a bit hit and miss.
- Asked by Stacey M
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with Toyota Aygo)
Will this adapter work with my Sony docking station?
I use this docking station to charge my phone at night and as an alarm with music. I have bought a cheap version of the adapter which works to charge with my old cable but not on the docking station. Obviously would like to know if it is compatible before I pay the apple price.
- Asked by Joanne J
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with my Sony docking station?)
Regarding the iPhone 6 Plus, have good news at least from my black Sony Dream machine Model ICF-CS15iP. Everything works!!! Music plays through, it charges and alarm works.
As a footnote, all of my peripherals work using this little Apple connector. The Sony Dream machine as mentioned, an Onkyo docking port UP A1, the Belkin wireless FM transceiver, my Philips model DS7550/17 dock. The only holdout is the Logitech dock which requires the similar 30-pin to Thunderbolt cable connector. The iPhone 6 Plus won't fit into the existing contours of the docking speaker unit; hence will get the cable adapter. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Rod K. D from Kamloops
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this adapter work with my Sony docking station?)
Will this charge an iphone 5s with an iPhone 3G cord
- Asked by Thetis N from Corpus Christi
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this charge an iphone 5s with an iPhone 3G cord)