Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
577 Questions from the Community
No, you can only extend a wifi network that originates from Apple equipment - Time capsule, Airport Extreme/Express. You can use it to join a BT Home Hub wifi network in order to provide AirPlay in a remote location or for ethernet internet access for a device that does not have wifi. Ive tested this with a BT Home Hub 3.
- Answered by Oliver J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will AirPort Express Base Station work as a wifi network extension with BT Home Hub3?)
Is the Airport Express compatible with a Technicolor TG 582n router? How would it be connected, ethernet cable or the Technicolor wireless?
I need it principally to support a USB printer, to serve a network composed of an iMac, on Mavericks, and Windows 7 laptops
No answers yet
do i need a modem or can this act as one?
- Asked by Andrew G from Highett
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need a modem or can this act as one?)
You will still need your ISP's modem connected to this little guy.
- Answered by Paul D from Hamilton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (do i need a modem or can this act as one?)
Power Supply voltage question
Does this Airport Express have a 110/220 switch mode power supply for international use?
- Asked by David C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Power Supply voltage question)
As per the specs it does (100-240 range): www.apple.com /airportexpress/specs/ (remove space between .com and "/" as Q&A doesn't allow to write full address)
- Answered by Marcelo M from Buenos Aires
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Power Supply voltage question)
All Apple hardware products support gigabit ethernet for wired network connections.
- Answered by Bryan B from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What speed is the NIC?)
what is the latest version of AirPort utility
what is the latest version of AirPort utility
- Asked by William B from Omaha
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the latest version of AirPort utility)
it's air port utility 5.6.1
- Answered by Dark Prince .
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the latest version of AirPort utility)
what is the newest airport express model number
- Asked by James M from Morganville
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the newest airport express model number)
I believe this is the MC414LL/A model number A1392.
- Answered by Patricia L from Joshua Tree
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the newest airport express model number)
Does the Airport Express steam your pictures as well as music?
- Asked by Thomas T from Bartlett
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport Express steam your pictures as well as music?)
"Any Wi-Fi-enabled device that uses the 802.11a/b/g/n specification" can use the AirPort Express Base Station. It will work on both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
- Answered by Dennis B from Foster City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does airport express only work for apple products or can it be use for multi products like xbox 360 or ps3???)
Does it basically just make your own wifi network that you can take anywhere and do you need to add anything to it or do you jut get an app connect it
Do you need any ad dons
Can you take it around
Yes, just set up in bridge mode using airport utility and you're done
- Answered by Bruce W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will an airport express extend a wireless signal from an extreme without connecting via a cable?)
i already have comcast wifi can i add airport express just to an iPad?
- Asked by Gayle L from The Villages
- Flag as inappropriate (i already have comcast wifi can i add airport express just to an iPad?)
No problem. An Express network can live along side of your Comcast network. Your iPad, of course, can use your Comcast net. So, if you only want it to use Express, don't "teach" it to login to the Comcast network. Else, you won't know which network it is using without looking in Settings.
- Answered by William N from Wheaton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i already have comcast wifi can i add airport express just to an iPad?)
how many watt does the airport express has
- Asked by Kim N from Honolulu
- Flag as inappropriate (how many watt does the airport express has)
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?
Can I connect the A-Express to my panasonic freeview decoder / hard drive using an ethernet cable and then use it wirelessly to connect my computer?
No answers yet
Play Videos, Play YouTube, Use Quick Time, Or Use VLC?
I understand that this can wirelessly stream audio using the iTunes airplay feature...
BUT can it also stream other forms of audio (when watching a movie in VLC, when watching a movie in quicktime, or when surfing the internet).
Can't wait for your response!
- Asked by Tyler P
- Flag as inappropriate (Play Videos, Play YouTube, Use Quick Time, Or Use VLC?)
Yes. Some Apps have the Airplay audio selection of iPad, Airport Express or Apple TV etc whichever you have available, integrated into the app, for others, you can change the output in iTunes, and the audio from whatever app you are using is redirected from the iPad speakers to the selected output.
For example, I watch some TV shows in bed using the iPad and a TV Network's own App, and direct the surround sound to my receiver for terrific audio.
- Answered by Rod N from Surrey
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Play Videos, Play YouTube, Use Quick Time, Or Use VLC?)
AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption
I am trying to get my apple tv 3 to work with my universities wpa2 enterprise authentication with no success. I am thinking of getting an airport express, plugging it into the ethernet outlet that the cisco wireless currently uses, to retransmit wifi in a lower encryption and thus works with the apple tv. If I plug the airport express into the ethernet outlet will it be able to retransmit the wifi with a lower encryption or will it just retransmit in the wpa2 enterprise again.
- Asked by Christopher H from Gapsted
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption)
The Airport Express will not increase the speed of your internet access. However, once you have the files on your media 'server' the Aiport Express may increase the speed that your device will receive the streamed files, depending on your current WIFI speed and your devices capacity to use the higher WIFI speeds provided by the Airport Express.
- Answered by Christopher P from Glenelg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have poor internet speed will the airport express help improve streaming?)
Can a USB Hub be used to hook up multiple printers to the AE?
- Asked by Richard H from Roanoke
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a USB Hub be used to hook up multiple printers to the AE?)