Questions & Answers for AirPort Express
599 Questions from the Community
i already have comcast wifi can i add airport express just to an iPad?
- Asked by Gayle L from The Villages
- Flag as inappropriate (i already have comcast wifi can i add airport express just to an iPad?)
No problem. An Express network can live along side of your Comcast network. Your iPad, of course, can use your Comcast net. So, if you only want it to use Express, don't "teach" it to login to the Comcast network. Else, you won't know which network it is using without looking in Settings.
- Answered by William N from Wheaton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (i already have comcast wifi can i add airport express just to an iPad?)
Can AirPort Extreme be used with Gateway 2 wire DSL router?
- Asked by Karen G from Davis
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Extreme be used with Gateway 2 wire DSL router?)
Absolutely! Depending on how you want the airport extreme to function. It will, function as a switch behind your 2wire router, or...you can configure your 2wire as a RG (Residential Gateway) which will then allow ALL traffic to the Airport Extreme. The Airport Extreme will then control (issue) the individual local IP addresses for your devices. Your network will not be like all of your neighbors i.e. (2wirexxx) in fact, wireless users nearby will no longer see your 2wire device. THey will see the airport extreme depending on what you name it (as an SSID) The WPA2 security on the airport extreme is very secure and you can choose to make your Airport Extreme invisible, which does not make it any more secure. It is very easy to change your network access PW, through the airport utility. In addition, all of your devices behind the router (iPod, iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC) will share a common (public) IP address. This speeds up everything. THe airport extreme is much more robust. This also gives YOU complete control of all things in and out of your network. PLUS, if you enable the guest network, you can limit access. I use this feature for parental controls. So the kids have their network. Adults have their own. Works really well. Mine handles media server, DVR, 3 apple TVs, Ipod, ipad, 2 iphones, one power pc G5 mac, macbook air, and 3 pc laptops with NO troubles. Best $200 router / switch there is....in my humble opinion.
- Answered by Bill B from Red Oak
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can AirPort Extreme be used with Gateway 2 wire DSL router?)
Does this Airport Express work with OS X 10.4.11?
- Asked by Suzanne D from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this Airport Express work with OS X 10.4.11?)
can a 3 year old MacBookAir work faster with new airport extreme?
- Asked by Douglas S from Prescott Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (can a 3 year old MacBookAir work faster with new airport extreme?)
can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
- Asked by Matthew T
- Flag as inappropriate (can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?)
can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express
I have a Brother Laser printer that is wireless 2270DW and an epson wireless printer that students are using in an dorm. I have set secure wireless network but need to know if these two printers can print wirelessly or do they need to be connected via printer cable to Airport Express to perform wireless printing? Last but not least you us a spliter on the USB outlet on the Airport express and hardwire the two printers via printer cables?
- Asked by Chris P from Sandy Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express)
Can I play music through a soundlink air speaker at the same time as a separate speaker attached to an airport express?
- Asked by Craig W from Lawrence
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play music through a soundlink air speaker at the same time as a separate speaker attached to an airport express?)
Yes if you have iTunes 11, I have my Airport upstair attached to a Bose system and a portable Bose AirPlay system downstairs and they both play the same stream from iTunes.
When AirPlay symbol appears in iTunes you can click on it and play to multiple speakers. This is where you can click the devices that you would like to stream to.
I have only seen this work from iTunes so far, not been able to do this from my iPhone or even route my entire system sound through both, only one at a time so far from that point of view, but for music from iTunes it works great. Hope this helps :)
- Answered by Christopher P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I play music through a soundlink air speaker at the same time as a separate speaker attached to an airport express?)
can i use it when i don't have wifi to get wifi ?
- Asked by Brooke M from Saint Augustine
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use it when i don't have wifi to get wifi ?)
Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router
Is it possible to have the airport express connect to a non apple router wirelessly?
Then is it possible to have it extend that range wirelessly to apple devices?
Then is it possible to connect my PC up to the airport express as well via ethernet?
So if it can connect to non apple router wirelessly, is possible to share that internet via ethernet as well as wirelessly?
- Asked by Alex T
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router)
Does the airport express have to be wired in to a modem or the airport extreme, or can it be used freestanding if i have an extreme wired in?
do all devices have to be wired to interconnect?Best Answer:
can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet
My Samsung tv has an ethernet port, can I connect the tv to the new airport express?
- Asked by William K from Poland
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet)
Can I scan wirelessly using a printer/scanner combo connected to the Airport Express USB port?
I have an HP printer/scanner combo. If I connect this to an Airport Express Base Station via USB, will I be able to use the scanning feature wirelessly?
- Asked by Jon Wayne B from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I scan wirelessly using a printer/scanner combo connected to the Airport Express USB port?)
The AirPort Express is a wireless router. Assuming that you already buy internet service from an internet service provider, such as Comcast XFINITY Time Warner, Verizon FIOS, etc., which is how you connected to ask this question, you'll attach their modem to the AirPort Express. When you use your wireless device, such as a MacBook or an iPad, it will connect through the AirPort Express to the modem and then out to the internet service. So more than likely, you won't pay any more than you're paying already, but you can check with your specific internet service provider. If you don't currently buy any internet service, and are asking this question while sitting in a Starbucks or library somewhere, then sure, once you've installed the AirPort Express at home, you'll still need to buy your own internet service from one of those providers, and they usually charge a flat fee per month, often cheaper if combined with cable TV and/or telephone services.
Hope that helps.
- Answered by Larry S from Brookline
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Once you've paid for the AirPort Express Station, is there an extra monthly charge for accessing the WiFi?)
is a later version of airport extreme better for wifi coverage or speed?
- Asked by Joost S from Oranjestad
- Flag as inappropriate (is a later version of airport extreme better for wifi coverage or speed?)
What is the radiatioin level ?
- Asked by Ricardo A from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the radiatioin level ?)
Will airport express support Horizon HD TV from UPC my signal in another room is bad will airport express work with the horizon tv box boost signal.
No answers yet
Can I hook multiple devices up to 1 airport express, or do I need an airport for each device?
Can I, for instance, hook both my USB printer and my network based HD up to one airport, or would I need 2 airports to do so?
If I purchase an extreme and an express and use the express as an extender... 1. Will I lose the high thorough put of the Extreme?
- Asked by Virginia M from Anchorage
- Flag as inappropriate (If I purchase an extreme and an express and use the express as an extender... 1. Will I lose the high thorough put of the Extreme?)
What is the new airport express made out of? is that aluminum around the edges?
- Asked by Joey P from West Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the new airport express made out of? is that aluminum around the edges?)