Questions & Answers for PROMISE Pegasus2 R8 32TB (8 x 4TB) Thunderbolt 2 RAID System
4 Questions + 5 Answers
4 Questions from the Community
What RAID configuration does it ship with?
Just got this system and wondering what kind of configuration I need.
- Asked by Rex W from Rexburg
- Flag as inappropriate (What RAID configuration does it ship with?)
The R8 ships with all 8 drives in place, that's why you choose to have either a 24 or 32 TB version. It may change depending on the batch, but mine came with eight "Seagate 3TB Performance SATA 3 Hard Drive ST3000DM001 7200rpm". The 32TB ships with 5400rpm drives, so is a little slower.
- Answered by James G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (With what kind of HDs does it ship with, or do we need to get the HDs separately?)
Can this drive be used by two computers at the same time
Instead of using the second port for daisy chaining im wondering if you could use it to connect to a second computer and use both computers with the one device. For instance, an iMac and Mac Pro.
- Asked by Jason S from Bowling Green
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this drive be used by two computers at the same time)
Totally it must be mounted to one. but you can easily connect to it via ethernet or wifi network. i have a mac mini in the bedroom with it attached, and use a macbook air to access the files all over the house. super easy for faster connection use ethernet tho
- Answered by Tyler L from Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this drive be used by two computers at the same time)
Is this able to be used with a Macbook Pro?
I'm looking for maximum storage, and I'm looking into buying a Macbook Pro, and I was just wondering if the Pegasus is able to be used with it.
- Asked by Dusty S from Martinez
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this able to be used with a Macbook Pro?)
That would depend on which Macbook pro you have. If your macbook pro has Thunderbolt port(s) then yes, the drive has 2 X Thunderbolt 2 ports and it is backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 so as long as you have a thunderbolt port on your macbook you can use this drive.
- Answered by Georgios D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this able to be used with a Macbook Pro?)