Questions & Answers for PROMISE Pegasus2 R8 32TB (8 x 4TB) Thunderbolt 2 RAID System
3 Questions + 2 Answers
3 Questions from the Community
Can this drive be used by two computers at the same time
Instead of using the second port for daisy chaining im wondering if you could use it to connect to a second computer and use both computers with the one device. For instance, an iMac and Mac Pro.
- Asked by Jason S from Bowling Green
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this drive be used by two computers at the same time)
Very unlikely. But if both computers have Mac OS X 10.9, you may want to connect the iMac to the Mac Pro using a Thunderbolt cable, and create a Thunderbolt network bridge. Then, you connect the drive to the Mac Pro and share the drive with this network.
If you do not need the speed, you can buy a NAS instead.
- Answered by Tommy R from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this drive be used by two computers at the same time)
Is this able to be used with a Macbook Pro?
I'm looking for maximum storage, and I'm looking into buying a Macbook Pro, and I was just wondering if the Pegasus is able to be used with it.
- Asked by Dusty S from Martinez
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this able to be used with a Macbook Pro?)
That would depend on which Macbook pro you have. If your macbook pro has Thunderbolt port(s) then yes, the drive has 2 X Thunderbolt 2 ports and it is backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 so as long as you have a thunderbolt port on your macbook you can use this drive.
- Answered by Georgios D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this able to be used with a Macbook Pro?)