Questions & Answers for Philips Hue Single GU10 Light Bulb Pack
4 Questions from the Community
Hi, you will need the Hue Bridge. Available as part of GU10, E22 or Disney starter packs.
- Answered by David B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (do i need the hue bridge or can i just buy the bulb as a single unit?)
is this same size as a standard gu10 bulb
- Asked by Luke F
- Flag as inappropriate (is this same size as a standard gu10 bulb)
No, they're longer (71mm). They have the same diameter as a standard GU10 bulb though.
- Answered by Jeroen K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this same size as a standard gu10 bulb)
Do these bulbs fit in L1 sockets?
I can't find the relevant information ..
My house has the L1 recessed lighting sockets in the ceiling - these are designed for low wattage L1 type bulbs (LED type usually)
L1 bulbs have the same connectors as GU10, so L1 bulbs will fit into GU10 sockets.
However, GU10 bulbs (i.e. traditionally halogen bulbs) will not fit in L1 sockets because the socket has a special prong to prevent halogen bulbs being inserted and overheating (they would be too hot for the sockets.)
Does anyone know if the Philips Hue GU10 bulbs are actually designed to fit in L1 sockets or only GU10 sockets?
- Asked by Simon C
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these bulbs fit in L1 sockets?)
are the hue gu10 now dimmable ?
- Asked by Anthony J from Brentwood
- Flag as inappropriate (are the hue gu10 now dimmable ?)
No, they are not compatible with dimmer switches. You can of course vary the brightness using the app.
- Answered by Max C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (are the hue gu10 now dimmable ?)