Questions & Answers for Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise-Cancelling In-Ear Headphones
9 Questions + 14 Answers
9 Questions from the Community
compatability with ipad air ?
- Asked by Joe L from Como
- Flag as inappropriate (compatability with ipad air ?)
The Bose QuietComfort 20i is compatible with any iOS Device (iPhone/iPad/iPod), including iPad Air.
- Answered by Kai C from Sunshine Coast
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (compatability with ipad air ?)
What is the battery life of the 20i headphones? And is the battery replaceable (factory or user) as the battery capacity diminishes over time?
- Asked by Friedrich H from Mountain View
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the battery life of the 20i headphones? And is the battery replaceable (factory or user) as the battery capacity diminishes over time?)
Friedrich, I've had mine for about two months now and have not yet experienced the rechargeable battery running out of power during extended use. I work in the Middle East and frequently fly back and forth to the US. My 20i earphones continued to deliver on 14 hour flights. The thing I love about them is that you can keep them in your ear while you sleep; the noise suppression is superior and I use them even when the music is off. Mine replaced QC15s, which were good, but uncomfortable to wear while trying to sleep on a plane. They obviously pack a lot easier than larger headphones as well.
The USB charging cable works great from either an outlet or a laptop and you can even power them via a laptop USB while wearing them if you want. The green LED tells you when it is charging and when charged.
From my perspective, Bose had to decide how much to limit the the size of the noise-cancelling module; I've read several reviews with people saying it is already too big. For me though it is OK, a necessity for the noise-cancelling capability. If it was designed to accommodate a AAA or other removable battery, I suspect it would then be too big.
My 20i earphones are just perfect for me. The battery life meets all of my requirements and ease of recharging keeps the set fully charged when I need it. They are pricey, but they are Bose; you get what you pay for. The bottom line is that they work great! I hope this helps answer your question.
Can I charge from the wall using the included microsub cable and an apple wall adapter (eg, the 5W iPhone or 12W iPad wall adapter)?
Would be nice when traveling to just bring my iPad charger to charge all my devices. I already know that I can use the 12W iPad charger for both my iPhone and iPad. Can I just also bring the microusb cable and plug in the usb side to the apple adapter and charge the QC20i?
- Asked by David C from Berkeley
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge from the wall using the included microsub cable and an apple wall adapter (eg, the 5W iPhone or 12W iPad wall adapter)?)
I plugged them into my iPhone charger USB slot and it charged fine and fast in my opinion.
Can I use it with my computer that is not an Apple?
I purchased the 20i at an airport and didn't really have time to talk. I have only used the headphones with my iPhone. Tonight I tried to use them on my non-Apple computer and they didn't work. Are they only good with an Apple? And what if I change from an iPhone to an Android? Thanks
- Asked by Suzanne A from Carson City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it with my computer that is not an Apple?)
Bose do a non-Apple version of the same product - it's called the 20 instead of 20i.
- Answered by Amit L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use it with my computer that is not an Apple?)
Are the Bose 20i earphones compatible with the iPhone 5s?
- Asked by Robert R from London
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the Bose 20i earphones compatible with the iPhone 5s?)
Is the noise cancelling also working for the mikrophone in the 20i headphones / Is the person I am calling also not hearing the noise around me?
No answers yet
Do these require batteries?
- Asked by Andrew B from Carson City
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these require batteries?)
It has a built in rechargeable battery that you use a USB cable to charge it. (included)
- Answered by Jacob F from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do these require batteries?)
What is the 20i like with hearing aids?
- Asked by Lois C from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the 20i like with hearing aids?)