Questions & Answers for LaCie eSATA Hub Thunderbolt Series
10 Questions from the Community
I use Macbook air 11" connected to thundervolt display 27" with thundervolt cable. Can this be inserted in between, so that it daisy chained?
Since both products have only one thundervolt port.Best Answer:
I was using the Lacie Thunderbolt esata hub adapter connected via Thunderbolt to a mac mini server, and then daisy chaining off of the Lacie hub to an iMac 27" minidisplay port to get the mac mini's video. It worked great for about 2 weeks, but now it gives me nothing but problems - ARD goes out on the server, it pretty much locks up and has to be hard reset.
This configuration is supported, according to Lacie, my two eSATA devices were a Lacie 2 TB BigDisk Quadra, and a Lacie 8TB 4big Quadra, and the final link is the minidisplay port cable.
As I said, your configuration should be supported since you are using all thunderbolt cabling, but then again, my configuration is also supported, but I'm having problems.
Connect pre-thunderbolt MiniDisplay LED screen?
I have an Apple LED screen with a miniDisplay port that precedes thunderbolt. My mac mini has thunderbolt. Will my screen work if I daisy chain it onto the eSATA hub?
- Asked by Matthew H
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect pre-thunderbolt MiniDisplay LED screen?)
Does it work the other way around? Use it to connect Thunderbolt Drives to MacPro with eSATA add-on cards? If it does, I will purchase it now!
Need to use my Thunderbolt Storage on MacPro.
- Asked by Jetther B from Sunrise
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work the other way around? Use it to connect Thunderbolt Drives to MacPro with eSATA add-on cards? If it does, I will purchase it now!)
No it won't work that way. It will work for connecting eSATA drives or card readers to a Thunderbolt Mac.
According to barefeats.com it does not support port multipliers.
- Answered by Chris H from North Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does it support port multiplier? can i use this between my eSATA storage system in the JBOD mode and my mac air ?)
Will internal SATA drives work with this hub. What do I need to have several internal SATA drives 2-3 TB each connect to thunderbolt ports ?
- Asked by Ellwood B from New Westminster
- Flag as inappropriate (Will internal SATA drives work with this hub. What do I need to have several internal SATA drives 2-3 TB each connect to thunderbolt ports ?)
No answers yet
Is this a Thunderbolt drive?
Will this work by connecting the thunderbolt port in the back to the thunderbolt port on a mac without using eSATA?
- Asked by Anthony A from Monroe
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a Thunderbolt drive?)
Can you use this to connect a non thunderbolt display? So something like MBP to thunderbolt display to hub to regular monitor?
- Asked by Tiffany S from Fresno
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to connect a non thunderbolt display? So something like MBP to thunderbolt display to hub to regular monitor?)
Can you use this to connect to a DAS?
I have a StarTech DAS that uses 4 independent drives which I connect to my PC Laptop using an eSata expresscard controller. Can this box of tricks replace that eSata controller so that I can access the four sperate drives via one eSata cable?
- Asked by Carmel W
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to connect to a DAS?)