Questions & Answers for Belkin WeMo Switch
44 Questions from the Community
You could use an extension cord or power strip to plug in multiple appliances, however they would all go on or off with the one wemo switch. Plus I would be careful how many appliances you connect - not sure how many large appliances this could handle.
- Answered by Mike G from Briarcliff Manor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this devise be used for several appliances at a time, or do I have to buy one per appliance)
It's a standard 120VAC US-style AC outlet. How could it be waterproof?! You could install a weather-resistant outdoor box with official cover and plug this into it I suppose, but it's never going to be waterproof in the traditional sense of the word. Now if you can get them to release a marine-grade twist-lock version ...
- Answered by Jim S from Horseheads
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it water proof?)
Will this device turn on and off a computer?
- Asked by Ken F from Edison
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this device turn on and off a computer?)
Can it control a ceiling light or must it be a light that plugs in?
- Asked by Jennifer T from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it control a ceiling light or must it be a light that plugs in?)