Similar questions from the community
can this be plugged to wall socket ?
12W USB POWER ADAPTER
The image shown, does not show the pins, that plug in to the wall socket.
I need to know whether the 12W USB Power Adapter can be plugged direct to the wall socket ?
also whether the input voltage is 100-220V
- Asked by Lbj P
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be plugged to wall socket ?)
Does my apple charger use electricity when plugged in but no in use?
I'd like to know if my charger uses electricity when plugging into the wall socket but not plugged into my iPhone, ipad or iPod? Thanks
- Asked by Luanne R
- Flag as inappropriate (Does my apple charger use electricity when plugged in but no in use?)
european plug for power adapter?
My power adapter has a UK 3pin plug which slots in. Can I get a European plug to slot in when I go abroad?
- Asked by Sue A
- Flag as inappropriate (european plug for power adapter?)
Can I buy this with a Europen Plug
I don't want to have the whole travel adapter---just want to buy this power adapter in Australia for use in Europe. Don't need the Australian plug at all
- Asked by Frank H from Highbury
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this with a Europen Plug)
Is this a three pin plug adapter for usage in England?
Bought a Ipad2 in America ,but need a3 pin plug charger isthis the adapter i need?
- Asked by Gary H
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a three pin plug adapter for usage in England?)
Is this product available in Europe (i.e. with CE marking and having 2-pin Euro plug. Or is it available in the U.K. with 3-pin plug?
Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by Thomas D from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
My charger stopped working. Was it because when plugged into an extension cord it always felt hot? Is an extension cord compatible with this charger
When using an extension cord, the charger would get very warm.
- Asked by Tanya J from Midlothian
- Flag as inappropriate (My charger stopped working. Was it because when plugged into an extension cord it always felt hot? Is an extension cord compatible with this charger)
Is is just the power brick that is supplied?
Must i purchase the usb cable and plug separately or do they come with the power adaptor?
- Asked by Ipek H
- Flag as inappropriate (Is is just the power brick that is supplied?)
If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).
I want to use the cord from the 10W adapter I had with my iPad 3 with the new 12W adapter I got with my iPad 4. I assume all the electronics that make it 12W are in the main body of the power adapter, not in the small section that slides onto it. The main parts of the adapters are the only parts that say anything about 10W or 12W. I noticed the little slide-on plug sections all say "2.5A 125V" regardless of when they were made, the one from my iPad 1 says the same thing as the one from my iPad 4. So I'm 99% sure I can connect the 12W adapter to an older cable or older plug and it won't make a difference and will still charge at 12W. I just want to have this confirmed.
- Asked by Bruce M from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).)
Will this damage the iPad Mini battery?
I have my iPad mini and really hate the 5W wall plug. I've read that using a bigger charger than intended actually damages batteries, is this the case with iPad mini and this 12W adapter?
- Asked by Elias M from Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this damage the iPad Mini battery?)