Similar questions from the community
will it work on the desktop computers
will it work with the apple super drive external usb double layer dvd /cd drives on the desktop computers or the ipod touch
- Asked by Lisa S from Clearfield
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work on the desktop computers)
can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?
I want to make a backup of everything on my computer. Do I need to purchase something else or will the USB Superdrive work? If not, is it just for watching dvd's, listening to cd's and backing up individual files?
- Asked by Linda G from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate (can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?)
I am planning on buying an ipad air to use as my computer but I watch a lot of DVD's. Will the superdrive work with the ipad?
- Asked by Anna T from Plymouth
- Flag as inappropriate (I am planning on buying an ipad air to use as my computer but I watch a lot of DVD's. Will the superdrive work with the ipad?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
I have a desktop imac 8,1 whose built-in optical drive seems to have failed. Can I add a external SuperDrive instead? Is it compatible pre2012?
MacBook and iMac -- need a disc drive for each computer?
Airport Time Capsule seems way too complicated for this senior citizen!
Which external drive would you suggest that does the job but is more or less simple?
I purchased Airport Time Capsule but it way more than I need. So, now am trying to determine which type of external drive to use. Can anyone advise please?
- Asked by Carol M from Lincoln
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook and iMac -- need a disc drive for each computer?)
does this work with the appleTv
Does the Apple usb Superdrive work with the apple tv to play DVD's
- Asked by Cole C from Lynwood
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with the appleTv)
No answers yet
Does this product read all types of DVDs/CDs
I recently bought a MAC desktop after 25+ years with PC.
all my trips are on DVDs or CDs loaded from Windows programs. Will this read them or will keep spitting them out.
Is there a way I can look at my pictures again ?
- Asked by Hazel J from Qualicm Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product read all types of DVDs/CDs)
No answers yet
Will this work with my 2009 Macbook - 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo?
The internal drive stopped working.
- Asked by Casey L from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my 2009 Macbook - 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo?)
Dose it work with the new imac ?
I am hoping the super drive works with the new iMac because the new iMac dose not have one what's up with that ?
- Asked by Joshua W from Nowra
- Flag as inappropriate (Dose it work with the new imac ?)
Does it work with an older macbook air?
Some of the answers indicate this new portable superdrive will work with any mac that does not have a superdrive built in. That indicates it should also work with an older Macbook Air. However, if it works with an older Macbook Air why doesn't it work on any Mac? I have an older iMac that has a superdrive that won't work properly because it was switched to to many locations. Instead of buying a new superdrive for it I would have liked to purchase the portable superdrive since my iMac will require replacing within the year and it makes more sense to buy this drive now so I already have it to go with the new iMac.
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
Will this work with any model macBook Air?
Old and new models?
- Asked by Patricia P from Camden
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with any model macBook Air?)
Will this work with the upcoming iMac?
The new iMac that's due out in the coming months does not have an optical drive and I was just wondering if anyone knows whether this drive is the solution for those of us who still require CD/DVD burning ability. Cheers.
- Asked by Danial C from Maudsland
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the upcoming iMac?)
how to start it working after usb plug in
- Asked by Edward D from San Juan
- Flag as inappropriate (how to start it working after usb plug in)
No answers yet
Will this work with a USB hub?
- Asked by Connor N from Portola Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a USB hub?)
Will this item work with a MacBook?
- Asked by Cortney R from Kosciusko
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this item work with a MacBook?)
No answers yet