Similar questions from the community
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos
I have DVDs with family videos on it and I also have a DVD ripping software. Can I use the SuperDrive in order to covert the videos to my MacBook Pro with Retina Display?
- Asked by Nicolas S from Mount Vernon
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos)
will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
- Asked by Stephen Y from Ipswich
- Flag as inappropriate (will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina)
Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
Can I link to the SuperDrive in my existing MacBook Pro with my MacBook Pro with retina display?
I have an early 2006 MacBook Pro, and I am waiting to receive my MacBook Pro with retina display. Will I be able to wirelessly access discs through that SuperDrive or do I need to buy an external one? I know you can link to ones in iMacs, but am not sure if the same is true for MacBook Pros.
- Asked by Jessica C from Hemet
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I link to the SuperDrive in my existing MacBook Pro with my MacBook Pro with retina display?)
Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs
I have a MBP 3.1 (late 2007) and have had issues for the past year with reading DVDs. On researching this I am not alone, and it is not a cleaning issue and I ave ret the PRAM and SMC already !
I was going to bring it in for repair or follow some of the suggestions that are out there, which range from turning the machine on its left side to loosening the mounting brackets and of course replacing it. All come with mixed success.
My strategy in my head would be to buy a USB SuperDrive to use until I buy a new MBP. That way it can be used for my next device in a year or so instead of investing time and money to get this one fixed when I use DVDs rarely but it is annoying when I try to watch or burn them.
- Asked by Erik D from Rye Brook
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs)
Can you have more than one Apple USB SuperDrive in operation at the same time on a Macbook 15" Retina?
I have a late 2013 Macbook Retina 15" 2.3 GHz i7 and was wondering about purchasing two Apple USB SuperDrives, i.e. one for each USB port. I have a number of DVDs I want to add to my hand-coded media entertainment app and running two drives simultaneously would make the import process much quicker.
My assumption would be that you can, but any info from others would be much appreciated.
Can I burn photos onto a cd with Macbook Pro Retina Display?
If I buy a superdrive can I then burn photos (JPEG) onto a CD without any additional software?
- Asked by Ashley K from Bermuda
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I burn photos onto a cd with Macbook Pro Retina Display?)
Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
I am about to purchase a macbook pro and am wondering about creating CD's and DVD's. I know that I need an external superdrive with the retina display. Is this all I need to be able to create and burn a DVD or a CD as I will have to do this as part of my job.
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina)
Does the Macbook Pro come with a SuperDrive?
- Asked by Cheneta B from New Iberia
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Macbook Pro come with a SuperDrive?)
No answers yet
Can the Superdrive read double-sided DVDs/CDs?
I have a 13-inch MacBook Air, so there's no DVD/CD drive. But I know it's important to be able to read double-sided DVDs/CDs. Is the Superdrive able to do that?
- Asked by Kyle R from Louisville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Superdrive read double-sided DVDs/CDs?)
No answers yet
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
macbook pro Retina: Is the external USB SuperDrive & the accessory for backing up the laptop with Time Machine the same device?
- Asked by Elizabeth S from Manitowoc
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook pro Retina: Is the external USB SuperDrive & the accessory for backing up the laptop with Time Machine the same device?)
I have a MacBook Air and would like to know if the Apple USB SuperDrive can play dvd movies?
Also, I will be traveling to Europe and would like to know if european dvds will work.
- Asked by Grace R from Saint Clair Shores
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook Air and would like to know if the Apple USB SuperDrive can play dvd movies?)