Similar questions from the community
Does the new SuperDrive require additional softwareto copy DVDs
Do I need Toast or something similar?
- Asked by Nancy J from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new SuperDrive require additional softwareto copy DVDs)
Can the superdrive read and write double-sided DVDs?
I have a 2009 Mac Mini. The internal DVD drive is almost "toast". Will the new superdrive work on the 2009 Mac Mini?
And, does the superdrive read/write double-sided DVDs?
- Asked by Jim Hilton T from Winnipeg
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the superdrive read and write double-sided DVDs?)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
Will the Apple USB SuperDrive record to CDs, DVDs, and install new aps?
- Asked by Marian R from Walnut Creek
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple USB SuperDrive record to CDs, DVDs, and install new aps?)
Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs
I have a MBP 3.1 (late 2007) and have had issues for the past year with reading DVDs. On researching this I am not alone, and it is not a cleaning issue and I ave ret the PRAM and SMC already !
I was going to bring it in for repair or follow some of the suggestions that are out there, which range from turning the machine on its left side to loosening the mounting brackets and of course replacing it. All come with mixed success.
My strategy in my head would be to buy a USB SuperDrive to use until I buy a new MBP. That way it can be used for my next device in a year or so instead of investing time and money to get this one fixed when I use DVDs rarely but it is annoying when I try to watch or burn them.
- Asked by Erik D from Rye Brook
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs)
Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos
I have DVDs with family videos on it and I also have a DVD ripping software. Can I use the SuperDrive in order to covert the videos to my MacBook Pro with Retina Display?
- Asked by Nicolas S from Mount Vernon
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos)
Is the superdrive only compatible with the three macs listed under the system requirements
i.e. does it work with other older macbook pros
- Asked by Kenneth T from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the superdrive only compatible with the three macs listed under the system requirements)
Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp?
I plan to purchase the 2012 27" iMac which has no optical drive. I have Windows 7 on DVD and wish to Bootcamp a partition of Macintosh HD.
Once I start up my new iMac in Windows 7, will this optical drive work for it or will I have to purchase a PC USB CD/DVD drive?
The requirements state that you need a mac, but not OS X. Thanks.
- Asked by Michael O from Oxnard
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp?)
2009 iMac and USB superdrive?
The internal superdrive in my 24-inch, Early 2009 iMac w/2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor has stopped working reliably (and most times, has stopped working at all). Was hoping that adding this external USB superdrive would keep my system limping along, however looking at the system requirements seems to have dashed my dreams of being able to continue to use my iMac in the manner for which it was purchased. Would like to know if I am out of luck here, or is there an alternative?
- Asked by Joseph W from Lynn
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 iMac and USB superdrive?)
Is there a difference between the old and the new? Will the old one still work on new machines and will the new one work on older Airs and Minis.
Apple USB SuperDrive
Does it work with an older macbook air?
Some of the answers indicate this new portable superdrive will work with any mac that does not have a superdrive built in. That indicates it should also work with an older Macbook Air. However, if it works with an older Macbook Air why doesn't it work on any Mac? I have an older iMac that has a superdrive that won't work properly because it was switched to to many locations. Instead of buying a new superdrive for it I would have liked to purchase the portable superdrive since my iMac will require replacing within the year and it makes more sense to buy this drive now so I already have it to go with the new iMac.
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
how do I install superdrive on an imac
The directions(such as they are) state to update to the latest version of software. On my previous Dell just plugging the new device in would have automatically caused the tower to search for and install the latest drivers and software.
- Asked by Bradley A from Ocean Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I install superdrive on an imac)