Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will this adapter work with a 4th gen ipad
I would like to upload raw images via my firewire compact flash card to my 4th gen ipad. My card reader is firewire 800. Thank you.
- Asked by Joseph B from Roswell
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with a 4th gen ipad)
Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?
I have had my ipod since 2003 and it has been working fine for me ever since. I understand that to transfer my songs from my ipod to a mac, I will need to download a specific type of software for that to work. I do not want to lose the music that is currently on there (approx. 3000), but do want to transfer to my new macbook pro. Will the Thunderbolt read my ipod?
- Asked by Tiepa T from Te Atatu Peninsula
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my (very old gen3) ipod?)
I have a FW 400 device that I would love to use with my MacBook Air. Does anyone know if a FW 800 to FW 400 adapter will work with this adapter?
- Asked by Robert T from Long Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a FW 400 device that I would love to use with my MacBook Air. Does anyone know if a FW 800 to FW 400 adapter will work with this adapter?)
Will this work with an iPod (touch wheel), which has an FireWire 400 port, connected via this particular adapter and an adapter FireWire 800 to 400?
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
I want to use this adapter with a 2011 MacBook Pro still loaded with Snow Leopard and don't wish to update to Lion.
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
Is Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter compatible with Windows 7 professional ?
I would like to buy the new Imac 2014 and since that no longer has the firewire port I would use this adapter Thunderbolt to FireWire to connect my lab equipment, but I'll use the Bootcamp partition probably will mount windows 7 professional.
the adapter will work correctly in windows 7?
let me know
Thanks in advance to all
- Asked by Marco G from Lecco
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter compatible with Windows 7 professional ?)
How can I make the older 27 inch display work with the new Mac Pro
I purchased the PCI to Thunderbolt converter
There does not seem to be a FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter available. I have the original FireWire not Firewire 800
- Asked by Erica T from Beaverton
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I make the older 27 inch display work with the new Mac Pro)
Will this adapter work with a Sandisk Extreme FireWire reader (FW800) and my MBP retina?
- Asked by Michael S from West Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with a Sandisk Extreme FireWire reader (FW800) and my MBP retina?)
Does the most recent Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter also work with FireWire 400? Need it for mini DV camcorders.
I have a Panasonic GS-120 mini-DV camcorder and after 2 calls to Applecare and one chat with Panasonic, this seems to be my only option. My Mac and Macbook air will not recognize my camcorder through USB.
- Asked by Rosemary C from Clifton Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the most recent Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter also work with FireWire 400? Need it for mini DV camcorders.)
"firewire to thunderbolt" adapter?
So how do I connect a Thunderbolt drive to a Firewire port?
- Asked by Edmund B F from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate ("firewire to thunderbolt" adapter?)
No answers yet
thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?
Hi, I've got a TimeMachine with FW400 connection and want to buy a new MacBook Pro that only has Thunderbolt. I've searched for a Thunderbolt to FW400 adapter, but only find one that says it's for Thunderbolt to FW800. Is there an adapter for TB to FW400? Or am I going to have to daisy chain (FW400 to FW800, then FW800 to Thunderbolt)? Thanks!
- Asked by Stacey K from West Bloomfield
- Flag as inappropriate (thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?)
Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?
Has anyone tried to connect one (or more) external hard-drives with FW800 ports through this adapter to a MacBook Pro (Retina) running Windows 7 under BootCamp?
I have quite a load of specific Windows software that does not exist under Mac OS X, and more than a wheelbarrow of files stored on LaCie 1 or 2 TB Quadra hard-drives with FW800 ports.
I'm considering to update my current MBP15 to a new MBP15(Retina) and I need to be sure that it does what I need before I order it: money-back-guarantee isn't an option as my employer sources most of our hardware through a lease contractor.
- Asked by Daniele T from Ferrara
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?)
do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)
is there a apple thunderbolt cable adapter to a usb3 external hd ?
- Asked by Len Y from Chilliwack
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a apple thunderbolt cable adapter to a usb3 external hd ?)