Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Two screens on macbookair using mavericks
Can Mavericks support two external monitors on macbook air?
Is there a thunderbolt splitter that I can use to connect two external monitors to macbook air?
I know I can use Apple TV but not looking for that solution
- Asked by Yitzhak K from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate (Two screens on macbookair using mavericks)
External Thunderbolt drive to older Firewire Mac adaptor???
Sounds like from the good information on this forum that this adaptor cannot connect an external Thunderbolt drive to an older Firewire Mac.
Given this, does anyone know of an adaptor that will allow one to do this?
This would obviously be useful to those of us with a new iMac in one location and older macs in another where we would like to transfer data between the two using an external Thunderbolt drive.
- Asked by Tom W from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate (External Thunderbolt drive to older Firewire Mac adaptor???)
With the use of the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter, can I attach a FireWire drive, or even a FireWire chain of drives, to a Thundebolt drive?
I have an existing chain of two FireWire hard drives, currently attached directly to the FireWire port of an iMac. And I want to add a Thunderbolt drive soon, too, using the Thunderbolt port. But the newest iMacs don't have any FireWire port. So I want to be able to use both types of drive with the newest, and presumably future, Macs.
- Asked by Murray E from Amherst
- Flag as inappropriate (With the use of the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter, can I attach a FireWire drive, or even a FireWire chain of drives, to a Thundebolt drive?)
Can I go from a firewire port to a thunderbolt device using this product?
- Asked by Michael M from Arcadia
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I go from a firewire port to a thunderbolt device using this product?)
Can this adapter be used to connect thunderbolt external hard drive to older mac with firewire 800?
I want to purchase a Thunderbolt external hard Drive to use with my new MacBook Pro with retina display. I also want to be able to use that hard drive with my older iMac that only has FireWire 800. Will this adapter allow me to connect the thunderbolt drive to the older iMac.
- Asked by Alexander E from Dix Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to connect thunderbolt external hard drive to older mac with firewire 800?)
Can the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter be used for capturing video from DV recorders and/or cameras? Thanks in advance for any response
Can this adapter be used to transfer my files from a Late 2009 IMac to a brand new fusion IMac. I have a firewire 800 cable.
I am getting a new IMac 27" with fusion drive. I would like to transfer my files from my Late 2009 27" iMac. Can I use the firewire to thunderbolt adapter for this purpose?
- Asked by Jose O from Coral Gables
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to transfer my files from a Late 2009 IMac to a brand new fusion IMac. I have a firewire 800 cable.)
do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)
Will this allow users to start a Thunderbolt-equipped Mac in "Target Disk Mode" and access it via a FireWire-only Mac? (And vice-versa)
I know that Thunderbolt-to-Thunderbolt Target Mode is available and obviously FireWire-to-FireWire, but I'm more curious about using Target Disk mode to support older Macs with newer ones and vice versa.
- Asked by Josef L from Tacoma
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow users to start a Thunderbolt-equipped Mac in "Target Disk Mode" and access it via a FireWire-only Mac? (And vice-versa))
Can I use this device to download data from an old digital camera with a FireWire port to a new PC laptop with a thunderbolt port?
I have an old CANON GL2 digital video camera which has a Firewire port used to down load video. I have a new PC laptop computer that came with a thunderbolt port but no firewire port so I now have no way to download my videos to my computer for editing. Can I download video from the camera to the new PC laptop using the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter?
Thank you very much.
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)