Similar questions from the community
B&O Beosound 3200 compatibility with Airport Express
I wish to play iTunes from the PC in another room through my Bang & Olufsen Beosound 3200 system. (I already have a wifi router set up).
I'd like confirmation - before buying it - that the Airport Express will link to my B&O system; and also confirm if/which additional cable needs to be purchased.
Thanking you kindly in advance
- Asked by Martin A from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (B&O Beosound 3200 compatibility with Airport Express)
Do i have to plug it in to my router with an ethernet cable?
I was thinking of getting it for the airplay function. but my speakers are in a different room to my router. so will it connect wirelessly to my router?
- Asked by Joshua H from Sweetwater
- Flag as inappropriate (Do i have to plug it in to my router with an ethernet cable?)
can I use airport express with a tv without wifi built in. I am not sure how to connect airport express. I get wifi on my laptop and I use a ROKU w/tv
- Asked by Robert M from Montrose
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use airport express with a tv without wifi built in. I am not sure how to connect airport express. I get wifi on my laptop and I use a ROKU w/tv)
what advantage is this if I have to upgrade my ADSL Modem and can buy a wireless modem
I have a Siemens Speedstream 4200 which is over 8 years old.
It does not work with the Airport express router.
So I have to buy a new modem.
Now Telstra are saying it is cheaper to just buy a wireless modem - all built in.
So what would the advantage be of keeping this Airport Express router?
- Asked by Simon A from Carnegie
- Flag as inappropriate (what advantage is this if I have to upgrade my ADSL Modem and can buy a wireless modem)
Can I AirPlay to multiple AirPort Epress/apple TV/AirPlay devices simultaneously from my iPad only - or do I need a computer running with iTunes?
I want to be able to play music via my iPad or iPhone to an AirPort Express, an Apple TV and a Bose Soundlink Air simultaneously (without the need to have a computer running) - is this possible?
Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?
My hi-fi is an LG, about 5 yo, has dual AV inputs on back exactly as described in Airport Express user manual, so shouldn't be a problem to connect it. Can play music from a USB stick & can play from CDs burned on a computer (my previous one couldn't).
Am hoping this will enable me to play my iTunes music from my iPad, trying to avoid need to buy new, expensive dock for iPad to get good music quality!
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- Flag as inappropriate (Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?)
I already have a non-apple router. Is there anyway to use an airport express for AirPlay without replacing my router with an AirPort Extreme?
I can't replace my router with an airport express as my modem is not near the speakers.
Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?
I have a New Sony TV which has built in WiFi. Does the Airport extreme support streaming with this TV.
Have an older Airport Extreme, one band, 2ghz and it does not stream fast enough. Keeps loosing connection, has to stop and load the content.
Want to purchase a new Airport with 2 & 5 ghz speeds and dual bands, but only if it supports fast steamless streaming.
- Asked by Kathleen K from Charlevoix
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?)
No answers yet
Can I use the Airport Express without the cable cord?
For example can I use it in a place that doesn't offer wifi and get wifi on my phone or computer?
- Asked by Julie W from Ankeny
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express without the cable cord?)
Can the new Airport Express Base Station extend the network from a new Airport Extreme Base Station AND use Airplay at the same time?
My old Airport Express cannot do both, you either have to set it up to create a network, join an existing network to extend it, or set it up for AirTunes. If the new one could do both, I'll buy it.
Use AirPort Express (dual band) as base station with older Time Capsule (single band) as range extender?
Can I use a new AirPort Express (dual band) as my primary base station in place of my older Time Capsule (single band), then use the Time Capsule to extend the range of the Airport Express? Would this give me use of both bands from the Express for my other devices? Would wireless Time Machine backups to the Time Capsule still function with this setup (via the Express)? Are there any other implications?
- Asked by Michael S from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (Use AirPort Express (dual band) as base station with older Time Capsule (single band) as range extender?)
connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room
WIll this work when I connect to a MacBook Air? or will I still need a seperate receiver. I'm starting a small business quickly, and my space is small, 1,200 sq ft. Spa setting, where music should sound crisp without crackling when we play classical and such. What should I do?
- Asked by Pauliina G from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate (connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room)
No Internet network in our RV?
Can we set up a network in our RV, with a airport express and AppleTV? We will not have internet access at the campground, but want to use Airplay from our iOS devices. Is this possible without an Internet connection?
- Asked by Jason C from Hebron
- Flag as inappropriate (No Internet network in our RV?)
No answers yet
AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?
Can this be used for both use as a connection for air play while also extending the range of my TimeCapsule?
- Asked by Carlos M from Forney
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?)
No answers yet
do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi
I have gone into my Apple Mac on system preference for internet & wi fi sharing to see if I can set up wireless connect and when I get to the computer using box It does not show me a
box for wi fi.. It's has a choice for air port option.
I want to have my mac setup for both internet & wireless. Do I purchase the Airport express base station for this to work? I have eathernet modem. Will l need to call a mac tec to install or would I be able to do it myself. I know enough to be dangerous! Thank you
- Asked by Roberta H from Surprise
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi)