Similar questions from the community
looking the best solution for WiFi booster for Mac any suggestion??
I would like to get signal from WiFi for about twi miles of distance (in the sea)
- Asked by Michail S
- Flag as inappropriate (looking the best solution for WiFi booster for Mac any suggestion??)
wifi booster for Apple
I have Bell Aliant Fibre Op in my home, which acccording to them is very powerful. The modem is downstairs. I cannot get a good reception for my Mac Pro upstairs. I keep losing the reception and it takes forever to get to a website. The BellAliant tech suggested I get a Wifi Booster for Apple. What is it, where can I get it and will it work? Help.
- Asked by Ronald L from Bathurst
- Flag as inappropriate (wifi booster for Apple)
Can this be used along with the airport extreme but be placed in a different part of the house?
I have a Mac and Comcast. I already own an Airport Extreme which is connected to my comcast router. I am looking to boost the wifi signal so that I can have it reach my back patio for parties. How would I set all of this up if it is even possible. If this doesn't work are there any other suggestion for what I can purchase to boost the signal from my extreme?
- Asked by Brianna P from Malaga
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used along with the airport extreme but be placed in a different part of the house?)
I want wi-fi access for my 2010 2.8Ghz mac pro. Should I buy Airport Extreme base station?
I do not have the following:
1) An AirPort card fitted - really expensive call-out charge and part
2) Would rather not run a cable throughout house to the router downstairs, as it is rented accomodation.
Will the Airport Extreme base station, pick up the wi-fi from downstairs?
Or do i definately need an ethernet cable draped all over the house to the Virgin Media router for a cheaper option?
(Have tried using a usb ralink but it has stopped working and want something more substantial)
What's the best option?
Thanks for any advice! It's such a headache knowing what to do!
Does this replace Wifi
Can I take this to school to set up a wifi hotspot, similar to the service on the iPhone. Ontop of that, can it act as a wifi router in my house? Basically, can I just just plug this thing in and get wifi?
- Asked by Lauren P from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this replace Wifi)
I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?
- Asked by Juliana P from North Bend
- Flag as inappropriate (I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?)
Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express
Im looking to purchase the airport express to extend my extremes wifi network. I hoping to put a western digital hardrive into the Ethernet slot on the express, as the express will be in the middle of the house enabling my office mac to share the content.
Hope that makes sense.
- Asked by Richard D
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express)
Will the AirPort Express work in my motorhome as a companion to a WifiRanger Sky extender?
I just won a WifiRanger Sky range extender, and will mount it on the roof of my motorhome. The company makes a companion indoor router (the Go2), but it was not part of the prize package. It goes for $199.99, so I'm looking for a less expensive alternative. Will the AirPort Express be compatible with the WifiRanger Sky? And will it serve the same function as the Go2? What other solutions have any of you tried for better connectivity in a motorhome? We travel full-time, and often must rely on RV park wifi. Thanks!
- Asked by Ann C from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Express work in my motorhome as a companion to a WifiRanger Sky extender?)
When using the express as a WiFi extension from the Extreme base station. Can Ethernet port be used?
With a baby on the way I have searched for a video baby monitor that will work best with all my iOS devices. The iBaby video monitor seemed the best fit. It needs to be hardwired directly into a modem in order for it to broadcast the video signal over WiFi. To avoid running Ethernet into the room I would prefer to use the Express to extend the WiFi from my Airport Extreme base station. But will then need to use the Express Ethernet wired connection for the monitor. Is this possible?
- Asked by Aaron B from Surprise
- Flag as inappropriate (When using the express as a WiFi extension from the Extreme base station. Can Ethernet port be used?)
Can I use the Airport Express only with the Ethernet cable to my mac book pro?
1) get the wifi from airport express,
2) drive it to my macbook pro using an ehternet cable.
- Asked by Thierry F from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express only with the Ethernet cable to my mac book pro?)
Can I use the Airport Express without the cable cord?
For example can I use it in a place that doesn't offer wifi and get wifi on my phone or computer?
- Asked by Julie W from Ankeny
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express without the cable cord?)
Can I use Express as router connected to modem & Time Capsule as a way to extend wifi signal?
Here's my dilemma: My modem, AirPort Express, and speakers are in my living room. The speakers are plugged into AirPort Express so I can play my music from any device. At the other end of the house is my study where I'd like to place the Time Capsule so that I can backup my laptop and so that I can extend the wifi signal in my house. Is that possible? And even if it is, am I wasting the Time Capsule's router capabilities by using the Express as the router and the Time Capsule as a means to extend signal?
And why on earth is Express the only router capable of connecting to speakers??
- Asked by Raul C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Express as router connected to modem & Time Capsule as a way to extend wifi signal?)
Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?
I was planning on getting an Airport Express to strengthen the range in a specific room in the house; for the most part, I have a pretty reliable signal majority of the time, but on bad days it gets quite annoying. I was wondering if it would be a good investment for my gaming consoles (PS4/PS3) so I can reduce the chances of experiencing lag. I would really appreciate some feedback!
- Asked by Joy E from Tuscaloosa
- Flag as inappropriate (Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?)
can I use airport express with a tv without wifi built in. I am not sure how to connect airport express. I get wifi on my laptop and I use a ROKU w/tv
- Asked by Robert M from Montrose
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use airport express with a tv without wifi built in. I am not sure how to connect airport express. I get wifi on my laptop and I use a ROKU w/tv)
Will this stop my Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air cutting out?
Often my Zeppelin Air cuts out even though the WiFi is running fine on my Mac. If I connect this Express to my Zeppelin will it stop the cut outs?
- Asked by Rowan A
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this stop my Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air cutting out?)
can i use it when i don't have wifi to get wifi ?
- Asked by Brooke M from Saint Augustine
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use it when i don't have wifi to get wifi ?)
Can I use the AirPort Express with Mac OS X Server's RADIUS server?
I have installed Mac OS X Server on my MacBook Air and would like to create a Wi-Fi network that asks for a username and password with the RADIUS server. Can I use the AirPort Express or do I have to buy the AirPort Extreme?
- Asked by Samuel E
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express with Mac OS X Server's RADIUS server?)
File exchange using airport compared to airdrop?
I work where the Wifi data is counted by Computer and am wondering if this will allow file transfer without affecting my Mac data count or does it work in the same way as airdrop to where it needs to use data off the Wifi signal as well?
- Asked by Jose M from Visalia
- Flag as inappropriate (File exchange using airport compared to airdrop?)