Similar questions from the community
how to connect to amp with rca inputs audio connections to amp seems i need the headphone jack to rca but can i also use the usb or eithernet
would using the eithernet or usb be a better audio option to use iphone etc and play thru my current amplifier?
- Asked by Kerry M from Califon
- Flag as inappropriate (how to connect to amp with rca inputs audio connections to amp seems i need the headphone jack to rca but can i also use the usb or eithernet)
What size is the audio connector on airport express
What cable do I need to connect to airport express audio out to the RCA phono connection on HiFi input. can you tell me the size of the audio out connection.
- Asked by Gregory S
- Flag as inappropriate (What size is the audio connector on airport express)
Does the USB port power third party peripherals?
I wish to use the airport express to stream (airplay) music to a hi-fi system.
In order to connect the airport express (digital optical out) to the amp (analogue RCA phono) I will need to use a digital to analogue converter.
The majority of these are mains powered but I am looking at a USB powered one and I need to know if the USB port on the airport express will be able to power a digital to analogue converter as it appears its main function is to connect to a printer.
- Asked by Steven H
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port power third party peripherals?)
Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...
So 3 audio systems with traditional amplifier/speakers.
Want to selectively route iTunes audio (using PureMusic if possible) to these systems but they are a good distance from the computer. Looked at Apple TV but only has optical audio out which doesn't work with my amps. Also I read about Airport Express but this seems to want to be a router and setup and network and I already have a router etc... can airport express just sit on the network and give me regular audio out to the amplifiers and if so, is it high quality audio (noticed only has a 3.5mm jack).
Is there a higher end solution to this? Read about Sonos a little etc...
- Asked by Simon C from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...)
- Asked about: Mac
airport express multi amp/speaker/system
I want to just extend my wireless system. I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE AIRPLAY OPTION.
So can I use say Pandora, Tunein etc. and select my wireless instead of Airplay and send the same thing to both my express units? (2) That way I can play to my stereo/ amp /speaker/ volume controlled in two places at the same time. I am not sure my question is clear since I seem to be getting different replays.
I currently have the 1st gen. express and play into my amp vis a cable. I see that amp port is still on the new gen. so I was in hope this can be done.
- Asked by Gary S from Lake Oswego
- Flag as inappropriate (airport express multi amp/speaker/system)
No answers yet
Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?
My intention is to stream the music in my I-Mac or I-Phone to my Bose Wave radio which has an input stereo mini audio jack using the Airport Express. Will it be possible? Which audio cable should I buy? Thanks a lot for your help.
- Asked by Fernando D from Weston
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?)
Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?
My hi-fi is an LG, about 5 yo, has dual AV inputs on back exactly as described in Airport Express user manual, so shouldn't be a problem to connect it. Can play music from a USB stick & can play from CDs burned on a computer (my previous one couldn't).
Am hoping this will enable me to play my iTunes music from my iPad, trying to avoid need to buy new, expensive dock for iPad to get good music quality!
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- Flag as inappropriate (Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?)
Does airport express have digital input?
Does the airport express have a digital input as well as analogue input? I want to connect to my digital surround sound system with optical cable, is this possible with airport express or will i need to buy apple tv unit? Cheers guys
- Asked by James D
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airport express have digital input?)
How does my stereo receive this signal?
My stereo is a Bozak amp pre amp tuner older electronics. It would need an attachment to receive these signals. Is there an adaptor available?
- Asked by Ronald S from Stratford
- Flag as inappropriate (How does my stereo receive this signal?)
No answers yet
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Are discounts available for Veterans?
need Airport Extreme for USB to USB connection from Extreme to external Hard drive.
- Asked by C. Elliott A from Mcminnville
- Flag as inappropriate (Are discounts available for Veterans?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
How does one connect a coaxial cable to Airport considering there are only ethernet ports and USB?
Does this come with an adapter for the coaxial cable? Or does one need a router to use Airport Express?
- Asked by Thomas B from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (How does one connect a coaxial cable to Airport considering there are only ethernet ports and USB?)
Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?
For example, I'm thinking about purchasing the B & W MM-1 speaker system. The speakers have there own 9-volt power supply. They get their signal from USB. Can I plug them into the USB and make them function? I know there's a 3.5mm jack, however, I'd prefer to use USB.
- Asked by Jason S from Barrie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?)
Can you use the Airport Express system to link to play music straight through from the Iphone to a normal hifi that only has a standard audio input?
I have a speaker system that only has an audio stereo cable input (left right stereo cable) and want to be able to play music through the wifi to this speaker set. Is this possible?
The base system doesn't seem to have the required outputs to make this happen.
Is the Airport Express compatible with a Technicolor TG 582n router? How would it be connected, ethernet cable or the Technicolor wireless?
I need it principally to support a USB printer, to serve a network composed of an iMac, on Mavericks, and Windows 7 laptops
can I connect the airport express to any cable modem ?
pls answer I need to know
- Asked by Jayden D from Waipahu
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect the airport express to any cable modem ?)
Will it connect wirelessly without the need of a ethernet cable?
Will this connect wirelessly to my router or do you have to have a ethernet cable plugged into the back? Many thanks
- Asked by Josh D
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it connect wirelessly without the need of a ethernet cable?)
Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?
I have a newer Mac and my husband has one about 8 years old. Will one router
work for both? I also have an ipad, iphone and ipod.
- Asked by Janet H from Billings
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?)
print from USB and LAN using 2 different printers?
Can I connect 2 different printers, one into USB and the other through Ethernet cable and be able to print to both? AND can I use this to extend my current wireless network so the printers can connect wirelessly instead of long cables?
- Asked by Robert H from Elk Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (print from USB and LAN using 2 different printers?)