Similar questions from the community
can i view my computer on my tv?
- Asked by James B from Buffalo
- Flag as inappropriate (can i view my computer on my tv?)
Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?
I have a New Sony TV which has built in WiFi. Does the Airport extreme support streaming with this TV.
Have an older Airport Extreme, one band, 2ghz and it does not stream fast enough. Keeps loosing connection, has to stop and load the content.
Want to purchase a new Airport with 2 & 5 ghz speeds and dual bands, but only if it supports fast steamless streaming.
- Asked by Kathleen K from Charlevoix
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?)
Can I AirPlay to multiple AirPort Epress/apple TV/AirPlay devices simultaneously from my iPad only - or do I need a computer running with iTunes?
I want to be able to play music via my iPad or iPhone to an AirPort Express, an Apple TV and a Bose Soundlink Air simultaneously (without the need to have a computer running) - is this possible?
Can i connect my computer without wifi directlly to the AirPort Express network LAN port and watch on my Apple TV as iTunes files?
That my personal computer is not WiFi, and I want to connect by lan cable to the airport express. Thanks.
Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...
So 3 audio systems with traditional amplifier/speakers.
Want to selectively route iTunes audio (using PureMusic if possible) to these systems but they are a good distance from the computer. Looked at Apple TV but only has optical audio out which doesn't work with my amps. Also I read about Airport Express but this seems to want to be a router and setup and network and I already have a router etc... can airport express just sit on the network and give me regular audio out to the amplifiers and if so, is it high quality audio (noticed only has a 3.5mm jack).
Is there a higher end solution to this? Read about Sonos a little etc...
- Asked by Simon C from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...)
- Asked about: Mac
can you hook this up to a computer and use the ethernet cable hook up to the computer like a wireless internet card
- Asked by Christopher F from Lebnon
- Flag as inappropriate (can you hook this up to a computer and use the ethernet cable hook up to the computer like a wireless internet card)
Will the Airport express work with a windows XP computer?
- Asked by Warren C from Wantagh
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport express work with a windows XP computer?)
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)
Can this device block inbound and outbound traffic for a specific device on the network?
I have an Apple TV and an HP printer - both are on my current wireless network. I also have metered internet; and I cannot afford to have either of these devices downloading content or updates; all I want to do is prevent them from accessing the outside world, while still keeping them usable by computers on my network - yes I know the atv needs internet access to stream content; but I do not want to stream content from the internet, I just want to stream content from my laptop.
- Asked by Chris G from Akiak
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this device block inbound and outbound traffic for a specific device on the network?)
Can this be used to speed up an Apple TV connection?
My landlord's wireless router is only 802.11b, whilst this is okay for their internet access (which is only 4Mbps) it means that when I am trying to use home sharing on Apple TV the connection is really bad. Can I attach this by ethernet cable to the existing router and stream from iTunes on my MacBook Air to Apple TV at a much faster rate or will the wireless network it creates be restricted by the internet download speed?
- Asked by David G
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to speed up an Apple TV connection?)
can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet
My Samsung tv has an ethernet port, can I connect the tv to the new airport express?
- Asked by William K from Poland
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet)
How do I configure Airport Express to connect a computer using a network cable?
I do not have wireless on a computer and wan to connect that computer to an Airport Express, with a network cable and have the airport express using my wireless network. Wil that work?
- Asked by Mark H from Conway
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I configure Airport Express to connect a computer using a network cable?)
can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
- Asked by Matthew T
- Flag as inappropriate (can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?)
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
Can the new AirPort Express support Apple TV?
- Asked by Jerry B from Guadalajara
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new AirPort Express support Apple TV?)
No answers yet