Similar questions from the community
File exchange using airport compared to airdrop?
I work where the Wifi data is counted by Computer and am wondering if this will allow file transfer without affecting my Mac data count or does it work in the same way as airdrop to where it needs to use data off the Wifi signal as well?
- Asked by Jose M from Visalia
- Flag as inappropriate (File exchange using airport compared to airdrop?)
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)
Is Airport Express what I need to make my iMac 11.2 wireless (currently DSL) and also use an iPad? or do I need an Airport Extreme ?
- Asked by Jane K from Atchison
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Airport Express what I need to make my iMac 11.2 wireless (currently DSL) and also use an iPad? or do I need an Airport Extreme ?)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
Can i use my airport express to both extend my network and connect a printer for wireless printing at the same time or do i need two airport expresses
I have an airport express hooked up to a printer in my office which is located a considerable distance from my base station and I have an IMac in my office as well. I was hoping that the airport express could be configured to extend my network as well as be used to connect the printer to the network. When I go to configure it it is more of an either one or the other proposition by asking me if I want to do one or the other during the set up. Do I need two airport expresses if I want to do both things?
- Asked by Kevin M from Ridgewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my airport express to both extend my network and connect a printer for wireless printing at the same time or do i need two airport expresses)
Can the Airport Express Base Station with the IPhone 5
I have a new IPhone 5 and would like to know if this item is compatible or will work with the new IPhone 5 I just purchased? I don't always have WiFi access in my office at work so I'd like to stream Pandora internet radio to my IPhone5 so I can listen to it. Thanks.
- Asked by Norah S from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express Base Station with the IPhone 5)
It seems the new airport express does the same things as the airport extreme base station. If this is the case why would I need the base station?
Can I use an AirPort Express with a WD 6TB My Book Thunderbolt Duo Dual-Drive Storage System and a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter?
To stream music using iTunes. Both when iMac is on and using iPhone or iPad when iMac is off.
Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?
My intention is to stream the music in my I-Mac or I-Phone to my Bose Wave radio which has an input stereo mini audio jack using the Airport Express. Will it be possible? Which audio cable should I buy? Thanks a lot for your help.
- Asked by Fernando D from Weston
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?)
What is the apple airport express
I really would like to know what u have to do to set up create a new wireless thing
- Asked by Julian C from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the apple airport express)
No answers yet
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
Does the new Airport Express finally implement QoS for good performance with VoIP? This has been a badly needed feature.
- Asked by Scott J from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express finally implement QoS for good performance with VoIP? This has been a badly needed feature.)
Setup 2010 airport express - how to
I have a new modem router combination and now find that my 2010 Airport express does not connect ....how to I set it up again?
- Asked by Hugh M from Bardon
- Flag as inappropriate (Setup 2010 airport express - how to)
No answers yet
Can I use the new airport express to extend (bridge) my airport extreme
- Asked by Nicolas S from Plymouth
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the new airport express to extend (bridge) my airport extreme)