Similar questions from the community
Will airport express support Horizon HD TV from UPC my signal in another room is bad will airport express work with the horizon tv box boost signal.
can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?
My pc dont have a wireless adapter, in stead of using a normal wireless adaper, I wanna try with airport express to make use the airplay fonction with my apple tv. is that possible?
- Asked by Shibo X from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?)
how many airport express are needed for home network
I have a motorola router from my cable provider plus an airport express. I just bought apple tv and get a slow and poor signal. what do i need to do?
- Asked by Karen H from New Berlin
- Flag as inappropriate (how many airport express are needed for home network)
Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?
I have a New Sony TV which has built in WiFi. Does the Airport extreme support streaming with this TV.
Have an older Airport Extreme, one band, 2ghz and it does not stream fast enough. Keeps loosing connection, has to stop and load the content.
Want to purchase a new Airport with 2 & 5 ghz speeds and dual bands, but only if it supports fast steamless streaming.
- Asked by Kathleen K from Charlevoix
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?)
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)
Are a modem and/or router a necessity in order to setup the express, or can it be run as its own, individual wifi signal?
The place where I want the express is a far distance in my house from the router & modem. In order for the express to work, can I just plug it into an outlet and connect my computer/ios devices to it, or do I have to have it connected to the modem/router to use it?
- Asked by Dustin R from Haworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Are a modem and/or router a necessity in order to setup the express, or can it be run as its own, individual wifi signal?)
Can I use an AirPort Express to extend my existing wifi signal?
- Asked by Jason K from New Canaan
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use an AirPort Express to extend my existing wifi signal?)
Can I use this airport to extend the range of a third party wifi network (non apple)?
I have a Thomson Tg585 v8 modem/router. Although at one end of the house the signal is weak. Could I place the airport at the weak end of the house to extend the range?
- Asked by Liam R
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this airport to extend the range of a third party wifi network (non apple)?)
Can I use the AirPort Express connected to my modem wirelessly (wifi) and have internet access? Or does it needs to be connected with a cable?
- Asked by Andres A from Tampico
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express connected to my modem wirelessly (wifi) and have internet access? Or does it needs to be connected with a cable?)
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption
I am trying to get my apple tv 3 to work with my universities wpa2 enterprise authentication with no success. I am thinking of getting an airport express, plugging it into the ethernet outlet that the cisco wireless currently uses, to retransmit wifi in a lower encryption and thus works with the apple tv. If I plug the airport express into the ethernet outlet will it be able to retransmit the wifi with a lower encryption or will it just retransmit in the wpa2 enterprise again.
- Asked by Christopher H from Gapsted
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption)
Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?
Where I live we have a wifi network with a Belkin modem. The signal is very weak in my area. Could a new Airport be used to extend the range? I have an older Airport Express and Airport, but when I have tried to use them to accomplish this, it seems they are not compatible with non-Apple modems. Is the new Airport Express different in this regard?
- Asked by Vicki P
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?)
Is Airport Express an extension of my home WiFi? Douse it increase the signal strength of my home WiFi of the room that I put Airport Express in?
- Asked by Chris J from Vacaville
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Airport Express an extension of my home WiFi? Douse it increase the signal strength of my home WiFi of the room that I put Airport Express in?)
Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by William J
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy)
What is the gain of the antenna in this version (in dBi)? I have a wifi router that has a 5 dBi antenna, will AP Express have better signal?
Can i connect my computer without wifi directlly to the AirPort Express network LAN port and watch on my Apple TV as iTunes files?
That my personal computer is not WiFi, and I want to connect by lan cable to the airport express. Thanks.
Will the AirPort Express work in my motorhome as a companion to a WifiRanger Sky extender?
I just won a WifiRanger Sky range extender, and will mount it on the roof of my motorhome. The company makes a companion indoor router (the Go2), but it was not part of the prize package. It goes for $199.99, so I'm looking for a less expensive alternative. Will the AirPort Express be compatible with the WifiRanger Sky? And will it serve the same function as the Go2? What other solutions have any of you tried for better connectivity in a motorhome? We travel full-time, and often must rely on RV park wifi. Thanks!
- Asked by Ann C from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Express work in my motorhome as a companion to a WifiRanger Sky extender?)
is a later version of airport extreme better for wifi coverage or speed?
- Asked by Joost S from Oranjestad
- Flag as inappropriate (is a later version of airport extreme better for wifi coverage or speed?)