Similar questions from the community
Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?
My main application requires lots of left button clicking, double clicking and right button clicking. These are variously combined with dragging. You can imagine the many different combinations not possible (or very tiring) with a standard mouse. I'm currently using the four-button Kensington Turbo Mouse. Would the MTP be a good replacement?
- Asked by Kenneth C from Rodeo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?)
Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?
I am left-handed and would like to disable the right-click feature of my Magic Trackpad. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Mitch M from Goodlettsville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
Is it possible to enable a CTRL-click option with the magic trackpad?
I mean to get the context menu without having to actually hold down the CTRL key (right-click in WNDWS)
- Asked by Osvaldo G from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to enable a CTRL-click option with the magic trackpad?)
Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?
X11 users need left, middle and right clicks.
The mighty mouse does not provide this intrinsically;
you have to install an application like MagicPrefs.
Does the Magic Trackpad support it?
- Asked by Jeffrey F from Ann Arbor
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?)
Does it have a physical click?
- Asked by Jonathan F from Saint Louis
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have a physical click?)
Can a click be reprogrammed?
For example, when you do a normal click (or tap) on the track pad, instead of doing what a normal click (or tap) does, I want it to mimic a key stroke? More specifically the space button?
- Asked by Ejay U from Wahiawa
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a click be reprogrammed?)
No answers yet
Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?
My magic mouse is terrible. Right-clicking is a nightmare, and the battery power is weak. I always need to re-charge the batteries.
- Asked by Nicolaas S from Rumford
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?)
resizing screen with trackpad
I can't figure out how to resize my screen using the trackpad like I can using the mouse by clicking on the bottom right hand corner and moving the mouse. Anyone know how to do this with the trackpad?
- Asked by Jill B from The Villages
- Flag as inappropriate (resizing screen with trackpad)
can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?
i'm a finance guy and really, really appreciate having a number pad on my keyboard. apple has been moving away from number pads and there are no 3rd party ones available (at least none up to apple standards). plus i'd find it very useful to have a trackpad / number pad to use with my macbook when i'm on the road. it must be possible to programme something like this and then supply a simple foil with the relevant keys marked on it?
- Asked by Nicholas S
- Flag as inappropriate (can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?)
can it be used left or right handed ?
need to know if it can be used on the left hand side of the keyboard as i am left handed
- Asked by Anne R
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used left or right handed ?)