Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does the wireless keyboard have the special buttons that are used with the ipad such as to adjust volume, screen brightness like the keyboard dock.
keying accents on a spanish keyboard.
What is the most effective way to type a letter with an accent above it on an Apple wireless Spanish Keyboard? Can fuction keys be used too?
- Asked by Roy H from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate (keying accents on a spanish keyboard.)
Do they have a keyboard with Cyrillic keys?
I type in both languages English and Russian. Therefore, to have a keyboard with Cyrillic keys is very important for me. Is it possible to order such thing? Thank you.
- Asked by Mikhail S from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they have a keyboard with Cyrillic keys?)
The key board on the I pad has auto correct features, auto capital replacement in beginning of a sentence or changing Ill to I'll.
Can this feature be turned on for the wireless keyboard?
- Asked by Henry P from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate (The key board on the I pad has auto correct features, auto capital replacement in beginning of a sentence or changing Ill to I'll.)
IS there a key you can use to backlight the wireless keyboard? Can't find it.
This would be useful is very low light conditions.
- Asked by Sandra D from Silverwater
- Flag as inappropriate (IS there a key you can use to backlight the wireless keyboard? Can't find it.)
Can the iPad specific keys from the iPad Keyboard Dock be remapped to the Apple wireless keyboard?
The iPad keyboard dock has keys for iPad specific features. Is that functionality completely lost when using the bluetooth keyboard?
- Asked by Frank I from Easton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the iPad specific keys from the iPad Keyboard Dock be remapped to the Apple wireless keyboard?)
is there an online manual for the electric keyboard?
The keyboard works fine but I do not know what the function keys are and using them does not tell me. There are a few other keys that I can't identify. An actual manual would be helpful.
- Asked by Ronald H from Richboro
- Flag as inappropriate (is there an online manual for the electric keyboard?)
Does this keyboard have the US layout?
- the return key is different and the 3 key has # rather than £ - I need the real US keyboard - NOT a UK keyboard
(usually it is model # M....LL/. rather than M....B/.)
- Asked by Graham B from Worthing
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this keyboard have the US layout?)
Does the wireless keyboard keys has both English & Arabic letters printed on them?
I am planning on ordering Apple wireless keyboard (with Arabic letters)
However, i did search the Q&A's to find an answer for my question but no luck.
I know some did ask if the keyboard has arabic (or their native language) keys.
My concern is if both letters (Arabic and English) are printed on the keyboard keys? and if so, how visible are they (big or small)!
I would like to confirm the above, and if there is a link that i can goto to see the layout of the keyboard.
- Asked by Ahmad H from Dubai
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the wireless keyboard keys has both English & Arabic letters printed on them?)
How to remap caps-lock and control keys on the wireless keyboard when used with the iPad?
I dislike the position of the control key and finds the caps-lock key mostly useless, so the first thing I do with any keyboard on the Mac is to swap the meaning of these keys in the
OSX keyboard prefererences' modifier keys panel.
Is there a way to do the same on the iPad?
Not being able to so is pretty much a showstopper for me.
- Asked by Vuichiap L from Menlo Park
- Flag as inappropriate (How to remap caps-lock and control keys on the wireless keyboard when used with the iPad?)
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
I have the wireless keyboard and it is great,but my husband would like a wireless one with oversize keys. Does one exist? Thank you. dg
- Asked by Darlene G from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the wireless keyboard and it is great,but my husband would like a wireless one with oversize keys. Does one exist? Thank you. dg)
Are any keys programmable? I would like to be able to have a '+' function available without having to use Shift + to get the same thing.
- Asked by John R from Riverview
- Flag as inappropriate (Are any keys programmable? I would like to be able to have a '+' function available without having to use Shift + to get the same thing.)
are they keys raised?
I have a terrible time typing on my non-apple laptop. the keys on the keyboard are almost flat. At least I think that is the problem. so I have read that this is a great keyboard, easy to type on. if that is so what is the secret to its success? are they keys spaced out well? are the keys raised?
- Asked by William R from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate (are they keys raised?)
No answers yet
Can I the apple wireless keyboard switch between being used with an iPad and an iPhone quickly and easily?
I am thinking of buying this keyboard for use with my iPad mini and iPhone 5S.
First - I know that it will work with either of these devices, my question is NOT about that.
What I am trying to find out is how easy it is to go from one to the other. Do I have to set it up manually, each time I want to switch which device I am using it with? Or, can I pair the keyboard to both devices and then just use it with either? If so, then if I were to start typing on my iPhone, but then wanted to carry on typing on my iPad, how would I do that? Would I need to turn off my iPhone? Or would I have to go into settings and re-pair it?
I see that there is a Logitech keyboard that has buttons so you can switch quickly between Mac, iPad and IPhone very quickly, without pairing manually via iOS settings every time you switch, but it costs more (at time of writing on the Apple Store) and I would prefer an Apple branded product.
Thanks for any help from my fellow Apple-addicts! Hope I explained this query clearly!!
Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?
I have seen a good answer to a question about getting a list of function keys for the Apple Bluetooth keyboard---but it seems to address only using the keyboard with a Mac (laptop). Is there a list of special function keys that work with an iPad 3? I am particularly interested in which special function keys (if any) there are that work with an iPad 3 that one could not find on a non-Apple keyboard (such as a Motorola wireless keyboard, that works fine with entering text such as letters, numbers, and symbols). In other words what---in terms of function or navigation keys---makes the Apple Bluetooth keyboard better than other Bluetooth keyboards?
- Asked by James B from Olympia
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?)