Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Have the keys been updated for Lion, with the mission control key and such?
I know of the new Mac Air's and wired keyboards, they have updated the keys to include a mission control key as well as other Lion specific keys... Has this been done with newly shipping wireless keyboards?
- Asked by David K from Bristol
- Flag as inappropriate (Have the keys been updated for Lion, with the mission control key and such?)
Has this keyboard been updated for OSX Lion? Is the F4 button Launchpad and is the F3 button Mission Control (not Dashboard and Expose respectively)?
I was about to buy a new wireless keyboard from the London, Regent St, Apple Store when a Genius told me that the keyboard still had Snow Leopard keys on it (and not updated for Lion as the picture above shows). Is this keyboard in the Apple Online Store different?
How to remap caps-lock and control keys on the wireless keyboard when used with the iPad?
I dislike the position of the control key and finds the caps-lock key mostly useless, so the first thing I do with any keyboard on the Mac is to swap the meaning of these keys in the
OSX keyboard prefererences' modifier keys panel.
Is there a way to do the same on the iPad?
Not being able to so is pretty much a showstopper for me.
- Asked by Vuichiap L from Menlo Park
- Flag as inappropriate (How to remap caps-lock and control keys on the wireless keyboard when used with the iPad?)
Where can I find a list of all the functions of the keys of the keyboard?
This is completely new to me, and I still don't know what functions are performed by the function, control, option or command keys. I'd like a cheat sheet with all of them listed. Do I have to buy a book?
- Asked by Solveig E from Eugene
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find a list of all the functions of the keys of the keyboard?)
are they keys raised?
I have a terrible time typing on my non-apple laptop. the keys on the keyboard are almost flat. At least I think that is the problem. so I have read that this is a great keyboard, easy to type on. if that is so what is the secret to its success? are they keys spaced out well? are the keys raised?
- Asked by William R from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate (are they keys raised?)
is there a "page down" key?
- Asked by Jennifer D from Highland Park
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a "page down" key?)
Can I unlock keys on a wireless key pad
I just put new batteries in my wireless keyboard but can't type so I can't log on to see if Bluetooth is on what can I do to get it to sync
- Asked by Julie A from Boulder
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I unlock keys on a wireless key pad)
No answers yet
Where is alt key on an apple key board
- Asked by Peter B
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is alt key on an apple key board)
No answers yet
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
Can I get Danish keys on the keyboard?
Is there anyway I can get the Danish keys on this keyboard?
- Asked by Caroline H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I get Danish keys on the keyboard?)
No answers yet
Does it have a Thai language on key of keyboard?
I use Thai language. I wonder that the key on keyboard has Thai alphabet.
- Asked by Kitwat K from West Palm Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have a Thai language on key of keyboard?)
Do they have a keyboard with Cyrillic keys?
I type in both languages English and Russian. Therefore, to have a keyboard with Cyrillic keys is very important for me. Is it possible to order such thing? Thank you.
- Asked by Mikhail S from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they have a keyboard with Cyrillic keys?)
keying accents on a spanish keyboard.
What is the most effective way to type a letter with an accent above it on an Apple wireless Spanish Keyboard? Can fuction keys be used too?
- Asked by Roy H from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate (keying accents on a spanish keyboard.)
Is the key board water proof?
- Asked by Lemont L from Long Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the key board water proof?)
does the wireless keyboard have volume up & down keys
- Asked by Christy B from Fort Collins
- Flag as inappropriate (does the wireless keyboard have volume up & down keys)
Does this keyboard have an esc key.
- Asked by Deanna T from Marysville
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this keyboard have an esc key.)