Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does the keyboard have a send button when using for texting on the iPhone?
When I use the apple keyboard with my Iphone 4 It would be easier to hit enter on the keyboard to send the text then hitting send on the phone. Does the keyboard have a button for that?
- Asked by Rachel G from Bloomfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the keyboard have a send button when using for texting on the iPhone?)
Is there a send button on the keyboard? Text Messaging on my IPhone 4 and want to send message from the keyboard instead of on the phone.
- Asked by Robert R from Clute
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a send button on the keyboard? Text Messaging on my IPhone 4 and want to send message from the keyboard instead of on the phone.)
Can I use this keyboard with my iphone?
if I can, how to send the text message from the keyboard?
- Asked by Juan Carlos R from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard with my iphone?)
Do these keyboards have a button for the microphone button on the virtual keyboard, so that the new iPad or iPhone 4S will do voice transcription?
Microphone button for bluetooth keyboard.
- Asked by Michael L from Sunnyvale
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these keyboards have a button for the microphone button on the virtual keyboard, so that the new iPad or iPhone 4S will do voice transcription?)
Can I the apple wireless keyboard switch between being used with an iPad and an iPhone quickly and easily?
I am thinking of buying this keyboard for use with my iPad mini and iPhone 5S.
First - I know that it will work with either of these devices, my question is NOT about that.
What I am trying to find out is how easy it is to go from one to the other. Do I have to set it up manually, each time I want to switch which device I am using it with? Or, can I pair the keyboard to both devices and then just use it with either? If so, then if I were to start typing on my iPhone, but then wanted to carry on typing on my iPad, how would I do that? Would I need to turn off my iPhone? Or would I have to go into settings and re-pair it?
I see that there is a Logitech keyboard that has buttons so you can switch quickly between Mac, iPad and IPhone very quickly, without pairing manually via iOS settings every time you switch, but it costs more (at time of writing on the Apple Store) and I would prefer an Apple branded product.
Thanks for any help from my fellow Apple-addicts! Hope I explained this query clearly!!
Does the wireless keyboard have the special buttons that are used with the ipad such as to adjust volume, screen brightness like the keyboard dock.
Does the Esc button work as a home button for the iPad?
If not, is there any Home button on the wireless keyboard then?
- Asked by Evan J from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Esc button work as a home button for the iPad?)
Can the Apple Wireless Keyboard be used with the iphone 4s
- Asked by Jim B from Morrison
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Apple Wireless Keyboard be used with the iphone 4s)
What is the warrantee of this keyboard?
I received this keyboard as a gift last Xmas, and the I & O buttons have stopped working. Does anyone know what the warrantee is? Thanks you.
- Asked by Mark S from Harrisburg
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the warrantee of this keyboard?)
No answers yet
can keyboard be used while using data connection?
- Asked by Alice J from Lynbrook
- Flag as inappropriate (can keyboard be used while using data connection?)
Can you use this keyboard with the iPhone?
I want to know if you can use the Brightness, Volume, and Play controls on the keyboard with the iPhone.
- Asked by Adam D from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this keyboard with the iPhone?)
is there a keyboard for the iphone?
An external keyboard, making it easier to type?
- Asked by James W from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a keyboard for the iphone?)
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
Is there a firmware update for the 2-button keyboard to increase its battery life?
There was a recent firmware update for the 3 button keyboard, but this keyboard could use more battery life as well since it drains when the magic mouse is connected also.
- Asked by Ankur P from Orange
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a firmware update for the 2-button keyboard to increase its battery life?)
Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?
I have seen a good answer to a question about getting a list of function keys for the Apple Bluetooth keyboard---but it seems to address only using the keyboard with a Mac (laptop). Is there a list of special function keys that work with an iPad 3? I am particularly interested in which special function keys (if any) there are that work with an iPad 3 that one could not find on a non-Apple keyboard (such as a Motorola wireless keyboard, that works fine with entering text such as letters, numbers, and symbols). In other words what---in terms of function or navigation keys---makes the Apple Bluetooth keyboard better than other Bluetooth keyboards?
- Asked by James B from Olympia
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?)
Is there any way to map a iPad home button to the wireless blue tooth keyboard?
I know that it can handle some playback functionality, volume, brightness, but am not seeing any button that can act as a home button. There any way to map a existing button to it if not?
- Asked by Christopher B from Queen Creek
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any way to map a iPad home button to the wireless blue tooth keyboard?)