Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
what is the connection for on the right side of the large keyboard?
- Asked by Derek S from Frisco
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the connection for on the right side of the large keyboard?)
Can I connect wired keyboard to iMac using extra USB port on the side of keyboard? Looks like I need a male to male cord. Built-in cord is broken.
Can I get the British Keyboard with the large 'Enter/Return' key as on the New Wireless keyboard, if so what is the model/part number ?
Can the Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keyboard lay flat, or are the USBs on each side fixed, forcing the keyboard to be slanted permanently?
- Asked by Alice L from Bayport
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keyboard lay flat, or are the USBs on each side fixed, forcing the keyboard to be slanted permanently?)
can i use a usb port on this keyboard to connect to another computer (use two computers with one keyboard)??
i have two computers set up and i'm wondering if i buy a usb cable if i can plug the keyboard (or an older mac keyboard w. two usb ports) in and use it for two computers!! that would be SWEET!
- Asked by William P from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a usb port on this keyboard to connect to another computer (use two computers with one keyboard)??)
is there a wireless British keyboard?
Is there a British wireless keyboard with numeric?
- Asked by G G
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a wireless British keyboard?)
KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?
I just upgraded the software on my old Macbook Pro to Snow Leopard bc I bought an external USB keyboard (mac, with numerical keypad), and I was told that it needed 10.6.8 to work.
However, when I type on it, it does not type letters... but symbols.
Not sure if I need to do a keyboard software update... and if so, where to get such a thing.
- Asked by Aarti S from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?)
No answers yet
I'm left handed! Can't get to grips with wireless keyboard - is there an extended or left handed one? Liked numerical keypad on right and extra ctrl
Where is Power button for keyboard with numeric keypad? I've just bought a Mac mini & on start up it requests that I switch on power.
Where is the power button on the keyboard if it has 2 USB ports on either side? I can't get my Mac Mini going!
Do the function keys and special buttons also work on windows computers. And... is the USB port full powered 2.0?
I'm a windows user. I know I need to buy a Mac guys (already got the iPhone =D) But is this lovely looking keyboard also full functional for Windows? I mean, can you use all the function/special/numeric Keys?
Also I'd like to know if the USB ports on the sides of the keyboard are full powered. If I'd connect my iPhone, would it be charged?
Is there a way to power on a MacBook Pro with this keyboard?
I want to replace a desktop with my MacBook Pro. I would like to leave the mouse, keyboard, monitor connected and was wondering if there is a way to power on the macbook pro with the keyboard instead of opening the laptop because it will be sitting in a stand.
- Asked by Frederick N from Brick
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to power on a MacBook Pro with this keyboard?)
how long is the wire connecting the keyboard to the computer? the wire on my old mac keyboard won't even reach the top of my desk...
- Asked by James H from Grand Rapids
- Flag as inappropriate (how long is the wire connecting the keyboard to the computer? the wire on my old mac keyboard won't even reach the top of my desk...)
Will this keyboard (or the wireless keyboard, wireless touchpad) work with an external display that is connected to my MacBook? Thank you.
- Asked by Tiffany T from Taylorsville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this keyboard (or the wireless keyboard, wireless touchpad) work with an external display that is connected to my MacBook? Thank you.)
Will this work with a 1" high keyboard wrist support?
I have a nice thick wrist/palm support right under my current mac keyboard (previous gen. - the white keyboard). It lifts up my wrist to where it's almost horizontal to where my fingers touch the keys, which is great. It helps keeps my hands more relaxed.
This super flat slim-line type model here is really hot. I want it badly. But it sits verryyy low, would this conflict my wrist support? Kind of feels like it'd add a down sloping angle on my hards towards the keyboard.
I tried to test is out at an electronics store with this keyboard with some of their wrist supports, but they wouldn't let me open the packaging for the supports, could never get an accurate feel.
What do you think?
- Asked by David C from Lawrenceville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a 1" high keyboard wrist support?)
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - British
can you use a apple keyboard with numeric keypad with the mac book
- Asked by Nancy W from Oviedo
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use a apple keyboard with numeric keypad with the mac book)
Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?
Early 2006 iMac Intel Duo with original white keyboard doesn't allow BlackBerry to operate (says there is not enough power) using one of that keyboard's USB ports. Using Snow Leopard.
- Asked by Lynn Q from Harriston
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?)
Is it possible to connect an iPhone and also an iPad 3 (not necessarily at the same time) to the USB ports on this keyboard for when syncing in iTunes
Is it possible to connect an iPhone and also an iPad 3 (not necessarily at the same time) to the USB ports on this keyboard for when syncing them in iTunes for example.