Will this power adapter work with the ipad 2; not certain if it is gen1 or generation 2.
- Asked by Claire W from Oyster Bay
Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Product No Longer Available
6 Answers from the Community
Yes. This works with every iOS device that's ever been created. All of them. Period. It won't charge anything other than the iPad 3,4 any faster, but it won't hurt an iPhone/iPod/1st, 2nd Gen iPad
- Answered by Scott B from Simpsonville
Yes I use it always with my iPad 2
- Answered by Renate S from Mississauga
Yep. Use the USB to 30-pin dock connector cable and you're done.
- Answered by Richard W from Berry
Yes, this is the highest powered USB charger at 12W. It will charge any iOS device: iPhones, iPods, and iPads including the iPad 4th and iPad mini. And your iPad 2. The higher available power will not harm even smaller devices, just charge them faster.
- Answered by Jim P from Boulder
Yes, according to the notes above, this will work with the iPad 2.
- Answered by Amy K P from Fort Wayne
If you read the description and look at the compatibility chart, you'll see that it will work with the iPad2
- Answered by Jeff R from Citrus Heights