Will the hue bulbs work in a three-way lamp?
- Asked by James S from Grand Haven
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb
5 Answers from the Community
Yes and No...You would need to leave it on the high setting (3rd switch) and control the lights with the application.
If you are talking about a three-way switch...absolutely yes, it works fine.
- Answered by Jerome S from Tucson
Yes - I use mine in a 3-way lamp without issue. Of course, you only have one setting that you can use
- Answered by Raymond R from Lakeville
They work just fine for me on my three-way nightstand lamps on the middle setting.
- Answered by Jose P from Plano
The Hue bulbs work in every fixture that takes E27 base lamps. Basically that's like a normal 60W incandescent lamp.
- Answered by Rogier V from Amsterdam
Those bulbs are designed for standard E26 fitting. No explicit 3-way support is declared by Philips.
- Answered by Andrey B from Fremont