what kind of device do i need to plug an electric piano in to my macbook?

I want to be able to record songs i play on the piano right on to garage band.

Griffin iMic USB Audio Interface

Griffin iMic USB Audio Interface

Product No Longer Available

1 Answer from the Community

  • Your piano might have one or more of the following audio outputs:

    -stereo headphone jack(s), either 1/8" (3.5mm) or 1/4" (6.3mm)
    -"line out", likely L(mono) / L+R 1/4" TRS jacks
    -balanced XLR out (stereo via paired L+R connections)

    If recording in mono is sufficient for you, then Apogee's "ONE" (sold here) would work. If you want/need stereo, then go with Apogee's "Duet" (also sold here). Apogee's Ensemble would work equally well, but might be overkill for your particular needs.