I need a car charger to plug into for mac book

  • Asked by Kevin B from Brampton
  • 02-Mar-2010
QA Apple MagSafe Power Adapter

QA Apple MagSafe Power Adapter

Product No Longer Available

4 Answers from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    Kensington I think makes a plug for the car. Do not use the Airline Adapter for car use.

    • Answered by Jared H from Burke
    • 16-Nov-2010
  • Kensington sells one that is sold through the Apple store. It's called Kensington Auto/Air Power Inverter with USB Ports

    You can ask the Apple store) customer service rep. for the link or do a search. This forum won't let me post the link here.

    • Answered by Philip K from Chicago
    • 15-Aug-2012
  • You should note, although this is a very old thread, that the Airport adapter does not work in your car.

    Per Apple:
    "Important notes:

    Using the MagSafe Airline Adapter provides power for your computer but does not charge the battery.
    The MagSafe Airline Adapter is not compatible with automobile power ports."

    • Answered by Douglas M from Avon
    • 05-Sep-2012
  • You would need to buy the Apple MagSafe Airline Adapter.

    • Answered by Stephen B from San Francisco
    • 06-Nov-2010