Just got a Time Capsule. Am serving up WiFi for a main building and a guest house, which are about 30 feet away from each other.
How Can I extend the range of the signal by using a separate 802.11n capable router? My intention is to use the second router to 'Join' the existing network, and there by extending the range
- Asked by Ron D from Albuquerque
QA Apple Time Capsule
Product No Longer Available
1 Answer from the Community
No problem. I have extended the range using an Airport Express. This is a great option as it allow me to do 3 things as a consequence:-
1. I can use the the Ethernet port on the airport express to connect up a printer away from all of my other equipment.
2. I can use the audio in to connect iTunes a a set of remove speakers (I use a stereo CD radio with a line in connection)
3. It extends the Range of the Wifi removing any weak spots in my 3 floor house.
- Answered by Joseph K from Norwich