Do I need a power converter to charge my iTouch in a country with 220 volt power (France)?

I already have a USB Power Adapter for use in the U.S. and I have a plug that will work in France for most electrical appliances.

Apple World Travel Adapter Kit

Apple World Travel Adapter Kit

Product No Longer Available

1 Answer from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    No- use the charger that came with you Ipad2 You just need to get a travel wall-plug adapter that has a female US flat prong socket for your charger and a euro male plug (cylindrical prongs) for the outlets in Europe They are sold at Radio Shack, Fry's, etc. The Apple charger works from 110 to 240 volts and either 60hz (US) or 50 (Europe and elsewhere). Don't use the adapter for items that are for 120 volts only. You'll fry them! You need a voltage transformer/converter for them!