Can this power adapter also be used for the new macbook air?
- Asked by Jonathan S from Chicago
Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (for MacBook Pro with Retina display)
Product No Longer Available
4 Answers from the Community
- Answered by Oren S from Denver
According to Apple (I chatted with a rep), the 85 watt charger is not compatible with the MacBook Air. Although it may work (and I may try), Apple "advises against it."
- Answered by Mark B from Santa Clara
No. There is one specifically for the 2012 MacBook Air on the online store in addition to this one.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
No it cannot because the MacBook Air's Battery is a 50W battery. For the MacBook Air use the Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (for MacBook Air).
- Answered by Dean S from Encino