Can I use the 85W mad safe power adapter that I bought in the US in London? Or do I need to buy a voltage converter on top of plug adapters?

I use a 85W magsafe adapter from the US for my 15 inch-Macbook Pro, and I just want to know if I will be able to use that power cord while in London. I know I need the plug adapters, but I am not sure if I need a voltage converter as well.

  • Asked by Amy Z from Allison Park
  • 18-Aug-2011
QA Apple MagSafe Power Adapter

QA Apple MagSafe Power Adapter

Product No Longer Available

1 Answer from the Community

  • Answer

    On the side there should be a sticker saying input: 100-240V or something like it. This means the adapter can be used in regions where the voltage is between 100V (110V is US) and 240V (240V is Europe) so yes, you can just use your adapter basically all over the world.

    • Answered by Jaap K from Guanaba
    • 06-Sep-2011