are these speakers 110v & 220v - that is, can I use both in USA and UK?

I want to purchase speakers which I can use when in the U.S. or U.K.

It seems that when looking at your technical information this is never supplied.

Am looking at Bose speakers

  • Asked by Dorothy W from South Normanton
  • 18-Oct-2009
Bose® Companion® 3 Series II

Bose® Companion® 3 Series II

Product No Longer Available

3 Answers from the Community

  • there is a switch behind the subwoofer, on the series one, that allows the differences in voltages

    • Answered by Advin G from Marsfield
    • 16-Feb-2010
  • Best way is to contact Bose.

    My speakers are shipped with 110V AC power cord.
    Maybe only power cord needs to be purchased separately.

    According to owner's guide (Google: og_companion3.pdf):
    "Power rating:
    USA/Canada: 120V 50/60 Hz!
    International: 220-240V 50/60 Hz!
    Japan: 100V 50/60 Hz"

    • Answered by Zee B from Potomac Falls
    • 17-Feb-2010
  • I think all you would need is a suitable power adapter to use in the UK or the States. Other than that there is no reason why you should not be able to use it in both countries.

    • Answered by Nomaan B
    • 25-Oct-2009