Can the Yeti be connected to a sound mixer to record from?
I am recording for a whole choir and i need to link the Yeti microphone to the mixer i am using for the recording along with the sound pro. the cable i need to use with the mic should be either banana or xlr on one end and the other end is the yeti plug itself. thanks for your help, and if it's possible to connect the yeti to the mixer what kind of cable will i need and where can i buy it from?
- Asked by Mary M from Heliopolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Yeti be connected to a sound mixer to record from?)
2 Answers from the Community
This question is dated, but if you are still in the market, Blue has released the Yeti Pro which has both XLR and USB.
- Answered by Michael N from Anderson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Yeti is a USB microphone; it can only be connected to a USB port on a computer. If you're using an analog mixer, then you'll need a traditional analog microphone with XLR connectors. Apple has some available here on this site (eg the "Bluebird" from Blue Microphones). Any half-decent music store should have a wide selection of analog microphones.
Analog mics don't typically include the cable, so you'll need to purchase that as well (in whatever length required). Ditto for a mic stand. A music store should have cables and stands too.
- Answered by Ken D from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the USB camera connector allow for connection of other USB devices such as keyboards and/or other sound hardwire ie. 2 channel mixer?
- Asked by Garrett H from Laguna Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB camera connector allow for connection of other USB devices such as keyboards and/or other sound hardwire ie. 2 channel mixer?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Can I plug a Mackie mixer into this and record what comes out?
- Asked by Jack R from Plymouth
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug a Mackie mixer into this and record what comes out?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input