Are these noise cancelling like the Bose quiet comfort headphones?
- Asked by David K
- Flag as inappropriate (Are these noise cancelling like the Bose quiet comfort headphones?)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphon…
4 Answers from the Community
No - they are noise isolating - in other words they rely on the ear cups to keep out external noise and quite effective they are too - to my ears they blow away the bose and dr dre headphones for sound quality and comfort - check them out!
- Answered by Chris C from Chesterfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
They provide passive noise isolation—i.e. unpowered—rather than active noise cancellation. Depending on your opinion this can be a good or a bad thing. From a personal perspective I dislike active noise cancellation; the microphone used to pick up the ambient noise is often of poor quality. As such the inverse sound used to cancel the ambient noise doesn't necessarily form a perfect superposition with said ambient noise, resulting in distortion and/or white or pink noise.
- Answered by Stephen A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
They are totally different in my perspective. Bose offers great noise cancelling when you are on a Plan...or noisy bus. But if you are listening the P5 at a library or coffee shop they will provide great noise isolation. If you want complete noise isolation, I would recommend Bose QC3...but for normal every usage I like the sound quality of the P5 much better than the QC3. I switched from QC3 to P5...the sound is much more natural and realistic.
- Answered by Hyun-jae L from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No, they are noise isolating. They do not have an active microphone that cancels out sound. Instead they cover your ears very well and little external noise seeps in.
- Answered by Mahesh R from Reston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Well, it says It is noise cancelling headphones! But how effective it is actually in noise cancelling? E.G Bose Quite Comfort 15 is amazing.
- Asked by Md. Shahidul I
- Flag as inappropriate (Well, it says It is noise cancelling headphones! But how effective it is actually in noise cancelling? E.G Bose Quite Comfort 15 is amazing.)
- Asked about: Klipsch Mode M40 Noise Cancelling H…
can i use bose noise cancellations headphones with the ipodshuffle
- Asked by Carolyn J from Baldwin
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use bose noise cancellations headphones with the ipodshuffle)
- Asked about: iPod