Will this product allow me to watch Freeview HD channels?
- Asked by Minesh P
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product allow me to watch Freeview HD channels?)
2 Answers from the Community
NG from Harlow is actually correct this product cannot receive Freeview HD (Terrestrial HD in the UK).
It can receive HDTV in many other european countries which use standard DVB-T for both HD and SD transmission, in the UK terrestrial HD is broadcast using the newer and more efficient DVB-T2 standard.
If you wish to watch/record HDTV you need to buy a satellite option until the DVB-T2 products become available.
- Answered by Richard G from Manchester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, Freeview HD is based on the new DVB-T2 standard and this device only supports DVB-T.
The EyeTV Sat device can receive Freesat HD via satellite.
- Answered by Neil G from Harlow
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this receive the new Freeview HD services?
- Asked by Elliot C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this receive the new Freeview HD services?)
- Asked about: Elgato EyeTV DTT Deluxe