How much does this weigh and how thick is it?
- Asked by Rob H
- Flag as inappropriate (How much does this weigh and how thick is it?)
9 Answers from the Community
I've just bought one and can tell you that it weighs 5.1 oz (145g). (10.6 oz would be nearly as much as the iPad itself!)
- Answered by William P from Southampton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's 5.1 oz and about ½" thick.
- Answered by E Keven G from Mukilteo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
According to my postage scale, the iPad Air Smart Case weighs 5.2 oz. That means that the new iPad Air in its case will weigh slightly less than the iPad 4 weighed naked.
[I have no idea where this other person got an answer of 10.9 - that might be the shipping weight (in its box), but the case weighs less than half that]
- Answered by Joseph C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
the thickness of case without iPad 10.5mm
after install ipad air, total thickness will be 11.5mm (ipad is 7.5mm)
I recommend a smart cover (1.5mm) with leather skin (0.5mm), it will be 9.5mm
- Answered by Min K from Hackensack
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
It is a little heavier than the smart cover. But at the same time it is still a light case. I would go ahead and just say that it is light and has just enough thickness to protect your ipad
- Answered by Michael H from Redmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
check tech specs
- Answered by Amy H from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Less than a pound and a tiny bit thicker than the iPad air. Haha
- Answered by Aaron W from New Canaan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Apple has not released specific product information, like weight and thickness, on this product.
- Answered by Sally M from Saint Louis
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
According to BB site, the weight should be 10.9 oz and the thickness is 0.6". The weight is heavier than expected for the typical types of polymer cases that "look" similar to his. The leather material is probably of good quality with a nice feel to it.
- Answered by Timothy R from Cedar Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
How much does it weigh, and how much thickness does it add?
- Asked by Brianna W from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (How much does it weigh, and how much thickness does it add?)
- Asked about: iPad Smart Case - Polyurethane - Da…