Is there any affect on performance if the AE is laid on its side?
For example, will doing this affect the antenna orientation in such a way that speed will drop? My AE is currently up high, hidden on top of a bookcase, and I'd be worried about having to stand this up and have it potentially fall off the bookcase, not to mention that it's much easier to see being so tall.
- Asked by Steven S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any affect on performance if the AE is laid on its side?)
1 Answer from the Community
I don't think so. I ran into the same situation. I didn't have room for it to be placed upright like designed, but the APE doesn't have any moving parts.
- Answered by Shane R from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the device be laid on it's side or will that hurt the range?
- Asked by Matthew B from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the device be laid on it's side or will that hurt the range?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Can you lay it on it's side?
- Asked by Aaron C from Lincoln City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you lay it on it's side?)
- Asked about: Seagate 4 TB Backup Plus Desktop Dr…
No answers yet