Is an ios device enough to configure this or do I also need a Mac?
I have an iphone 5, ipad 3, and an ipod touch. Are any of these enough to do the initial setup and configuration of the Airport or do I need a Mac?
- Asked by Iain B from Royse City
- Flag as inappropriate (Is an ios device enough to configure this or do I also need a Mac?)
7 Answers from the Community
You can set up Airport routers with any (at least iOS6) devices, and you don't even need the airport app for the initial setup. With the airport app you can manage all your airport devices just as well as you can on a Mac.
- Answered by Torje Øivand O
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can configure this device using the Airport Utility in the iOS App store - it's a free app.
- Answered by David O from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You can use your IOS device if you install the free AirPort Utility.
- Answered by Michael J from Portsmouth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, so long as you have IOS 5 orlater and Apple's Airport Utility app v1.3 installed.
- Answered by Glenn R from Mansfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
You can download the Airport Utility for any iOS device free from the App Store on your iOS device. This will fully enable you to set up your new AirPort Extreme. You do not need to us a Mac computer. Even if you had (Yuck) a Windows computer (for whatever crazy reason you'd do THAT), you can download the Airport utility and set up your Airport Extreme that way too. Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple!
- Answered by Rick M from Gillette
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
That's incorrect, you are able to use the AirPort Utility App off the App store to set up any AirPort device except the older first and second generation AirPort Express, Extreme and Time Capsule.
- Answered by Jose Carlos Z from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
No you can set it up with a IOS device if you download the free app by apple
- Answered by Sriram .
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Is this devices simultaneous sync capability also compatible with the 'iPhone configuration utility'?
- Asked by Jonathan C from Gainesville
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this devices simultaneous sync capability also compatible with the 'iPhone configuration utility'?)
- Asked about: Bretford PowerSync Tray for iPad wi…
Does this unit act as a USB hub for use with Apple Configurator?
- Asked by Michael R
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this unit act as a USB hub for use with Apple Configurator?)
- Asked about: Bretford PowerRack for iPad
How should i configure my macbook?
- Asked by Maddie B from Dwight
- Flag as inappropriate (How should i configure my macbook?)
- Asked about: Mac