Can the Airport Extreme signal travel through household appliances?
- Asked by Roseann F from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Extreme signal travel through household appliances?)
2 Answers from the Community
Not sure what you mean by "travel(ing) through household appliances. I have the AP Extreme in our study on the first floor and am able to receive a full signal in our master room on the second floor on the other side of the house. This unit is more powerful than the previous generations and I would recommend getting it - my download speed increased 5-fold with this unit.
- Answered by Daniel T from Redlands
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
In simple terms, no. Wireless signals cannot travel through solid appliances such as fridges, microwaves, ovens etc as the signal is reflected off them. The WiFi signal will however "Bounce" around the appliances. For best use, position the AirPort Extreme with a clear and unobstructed area.
- Answered by Peter R from Gold Coast
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will it work with airport extreme?
- Asked by Ryan B from Dorchester
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with airport extreme?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 500GB G-DRIVE Slim USB…
No answers yet
Will an airport express extend a wireless signal from an extreme without connecting via a cable?
- Asked by Paul M from Southern Pines
- Flag as inappropriate (Will an airport express extend a wireless signal from an extreme without connecting via a cable?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express