can the APTC router work with usb hardwired printers on a wifi and the mini iPad
- Asked by Michael S from Windermere
- Flag as inappropriate (can the APTC router work with usb hardwired printers on a wifi and the mini iPad)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, if the printer supports AirPrint
That might seem counter-intuitive, but there are several obstacles to printing from a mobile device. In this case, Airport Time Capsule will share out access to reach that printer through Wifi. unfortunately, the AirPrint protocol uses a "raster" format that needs to be understood by the printer.
Said in another way: Airport will let you talk to it, but will not translate. Airport will "connect the phone call", but not translate from one language to another.
Very few devices will do this translation -- it requires an amount of working diskspace that would chew up a Flash disk, and that Airport Time Capsule doesn't split out from its working diskspace.
There are CUPS print-server tricks to convert if you have a small server with a disk for working space: I would google URF (Universal Raster Format) and gstoraster hooks if you're technically inclined (or know someone who is).
- Answered by Allan C from White Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express
- Asked by Chris P from Sandy Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
can this printer be used with Mac Airbook not using WiFi
- Asked by Michael W from Downey
- Flag as inappropriate (can this printer be used with Mac Airbook not using WiFi)
- Asked about: Epson WorkForce WF-100W Portable Pr…