Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?
I cant seem to get a clean answer when searching - looking to transfer data from my old 2008 macbook pro to the new one. My mini dvi looks exactly the same as the thunderbolt on new macs without the logo, is that the case?
Thanks, wanted to to check before ordering a $50 cabele
1 Answer from the Community
No, you can't sorry! the minidisplayport looks like thunderbolt but is not thunderbolt, I would suggest getting a firewire or usb cable to transfer.
- Answered by Sam R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will I be able to use two of these displays on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)?
- Asked by Bryce C from Green Bay
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to use two of these displays on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
I need to connect a MacBook Pro 15 inch (2009) to a Dell 2408 flat panel. Which adapter and cable?
- Asked by Brent D from Mesa
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to connect a MacBook Pro 15 inch (2009) to a Dell 2408 flat panel. Which adapter and cable?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Is this compatible with late 2011 macbook pro?
- Asked by Victoria A
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with late 2011 macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…