Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by Thomas D from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
2 Answers from the Community
Actually, this adapter uses the same extension cable that you're using with the 10V version. You are good to go.
- Answered by David P from Reno
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This 12w adapter plugs directly into the wall outlet using a flip out plug. The old style adapter is discontinued. The solution to your problem is ridiculously simple.
Actually it's embarrassingly simple:
Just plug the charger (12w or 5w) into a ordinary household extension cord of any length convenient for you and plug the usb to iphone cord into your iphone and well that's it.
As I said, simple!
- Answered by Steven K from Brookline
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you use the world travel adapter kit with the Apple 12W USB Power Adapter?
- Asked by Amanda A from Congers
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the world travel adapter kit with the Apple 12W USB Power Adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
Does the USB Cable come with the purchase of the USP power adapter??
- Asked by Brian W from Haddonfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB Cable come with the purchase of the USP power adapter??)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable