how many amps is the 12watt charger fo ipad air?
- Asked by William P from Manildra
- Flag as inappropriate (how many amps is the 12watt charger fo ipad air?)
2 Answers from the Community
When charging an iPad Air, the ~70% efficient 12W charger supplies 2.4 amps on the USB port, draws 0.1 amps from a 230V wall socket, or 0.2 amps from a 110V wall socket.
Older iPads, and iPhones, draw less power, and thus the charger draws less current from the wall.
When not charging anything, official Apple chargers draw less than 0.2W, which is 0.002 amps from an American wall socket. Over the course of a year, this amounts to 1.8 kwh 'units' of electricity, costing less than 10¢.
- Answered by Lewis J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Watts = Amps x Volts (I make it 2.4 Amps) however maths is not my strong point so please check my calculations
Hope this helps
- Answered by Alan W from Tahmoor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can iPad mini be charged with a 12 watt adapter
- Asked by Jessica D from Lancaster
- Flag as inappropriate (Can iPad mini be charged with a 12 watt adapter)
- Asked about: iPad
When referring to wattage, is it in the cable or the charger? Or both?
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- Flag as inappropriate (When referring to wattage, is it in the cable or the charger? Or both?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable