Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?
With the Lightning Digital AV adapter and an HDMI cable, is it possible to connect an iPad mini to a DSLR and use the iPad to see what is in the camera viewfinder or LCD screen?
I don't want to be able to control the camera, just see the viewfinder/LCD screen.
I assume an app would also be needed on the iPad.
- Asked by Alex J from Balaclava
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?)
1 Answer from the Community
This is made to be a video output, so unless there's an app specifically for it, I would say no. You can plug in the camera connector kit for the ipad and bring your photos into the ipad that way though.
- Answered by Aric D from Holt
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can you use the iPad as a monitor for DSLR camera shooting video?
- Asked by Chris S from Springfield
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use the iPad as a monitor for DSLR camera shooting video?)
- Asked about: iPad
Will it allow me to view the live video image from my DSLR ie act as a monitor?
- Asked by Rosie W from Port Elliot
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it allow me to view the live video image from my DSLR ie act as a monitor?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
How to connect mini iPad to TV
- Asked by Mike U
- Flag as inappropriate (How to connect mini iPad to TV)
- Asked about: Elgato EyeTV Mobile with Lightning …
No answers yet