Can the Lightning to VGA adaptor charge the iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch when being used?
4 Answers from the Community
Yes it can be used to charge the iOS device while being used. The adapter has an input for a lightning cable, so if you plug in the lightning cable (attached to a charger) to the adapter, the iPhone/iPad/iPod will charge while you are using the VGA adapter.
- Answered by Brian G from Salem
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it won't as it doesn't receive any power from the connector, it may actually drain the battery slightly when in use compared to normal use.
- Answered by James M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Not in my experience. It charges my iPhone 5, but my 4th Gen iPad actually says "Not Charging" when it's plugged in. I'm taking the adapter back tomorrow in the hopes I got a dud and the next one will work.
- Answered by Lance P from Kennedale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, I just tried it. My iPhone 5 will charge when it has the adaptor plugged in to the phone while my computer is plugged into the lightning port on the adaptor.
- Answered by Martin D from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?
- Asked by Robert P from Fishers
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Is there an adaptor that connects an iPod nano to an iPad?
- Asked by Heather H
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adaptor that connects an iPod nano to an iPad?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter
will this work with the lightening to VGA adaptor to an iPad (third gen)?
- Asked by Julie M from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with the lightening to VGA adaptor to an iPad (third gen)?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter