Will this fit secure enough to allow me to use accessories where the iPhone stands upright?
- Asked by Jamie P from Fenton
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit secure enough to allow me to use accessories where the iPhone stands upright?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes it will fit and it's will stay firm and study.
- Answered by Nir B from New Hyde Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Both yes and no.
A charging accessory that stands the iPhone straight up will be no problem. The SONY, Bose, and other docks with rear support work well too.
Docks that angle the phone with no rear support put a fairly high amount of stress on the 9-pin connector. Initially everything is snug, but only time will tell if repeated dockings and stress will lead to a problem.
This adapter won't work with my Piel Framma leather case, so choose your cases carefully. If the case is tailored closely to the features on the bottom of the iP5, the adapter isn't going to "snap in" - even if it is only a thin bit of leather that covers the speakers. Most of the bottom of your phone needs to be exposed for this adapter to work.
- Answered by Mark R E from Wrentham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, it works great with my JBL onstage dock
- Answered by Chris G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
is there a charger adapter that will allow an IPhone with an Otter case on it to fit in a stand up charger or speaker system?
- Asked by Suzy L from Gainesville
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a charger adapter that will allow an IPhone with an Otter case on it to fit in a stand up charger or speaker system?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable